Sign in to follow this  
Georgia Jeff

Revo STX -vs- Curado E

I know that there has to be a post on this already but I have done about 5 different searches and can't turn up much of anything.  

Does anyone own both of these reels and could compare them?  Both sell for about the same amount and have similar stats.  I currently own a Revo Premier and a Curado D 100.  Do they compare similarly with these reels?  Which do you think is better?  Thanks in advance.

I have done about 5 different searches and can't turn up much of anything.

Dont feel bad about that,  I am pretty good with searches, but I find the one on this board very hard to search.

Vic

Ps I like the Revo better because I own one lol

Which ever feels more comfortable to you....Both are great reels and you cant go wrong with either one

I own a curado e and have used a friends stx for a couple of hours, the curado's brakes seem easier to set and i feel that with weights 1/2 oz and under the curado is the real deal, i can throw weightless 3 inch senkos with mine. The Revo STX casted alot better than the curado with lures weighing 5/8 oz an up, So it depends on what you throw, lighter weights? get the curado, heavier weights? get the STX. This is just my personal opinion from using them both, hope you are happy with whatever one you get  ;D

-Jason

The STX has a free floating spool.  It can cast light weight baits extremely well.  I can cast weightless senkos further with my STX than i can with my spinning reel.  Senkos arent a light bait tho so thats not the best judgement.  If you own a premier that is a step up from the STX.  So id go with the new curado just because you already have the Premier

Are you looking to get a Curado E5 or E7.  In making the comparison between the STX and the Curados hopefully some will address if their are differences in casting distances between a E5 and E7 or if this is a nonfactor and how these differences compare to the STX. I have two STX but was thinking Curado E5 for cranking and have same questions about the comparisons as you do overall performance

Are you looking to get a Curado E5 or E7. In making the comparison between the STX and the Curados hopefully some will address if their are differences in casting distances between a E5 and E7 or if this is a nonfactor and how these differences compare to the STX. I have two STX but was thinking Curado E5 for cranking and have same questions about the comparisons as you do overall performance
He's talking about getting a d series reel, but gear ratio would be a non factor between the  E5 and E7. The only difference is the gearset, which is disengaged during the cast.

Txs Franco. Appears by his thread STX vs Curado E he alreaady has the D series and is looking for their comparisons and how they compare to the reels he already has.

I have one of each and like them both.  I like the magnetic brakes on the Revo better than the centrifugal's on the E.  As far as casting I can't tell much difference between the two.  Comparing them to a D there is no comparison, the new E's and the STX are much nicer and easier to fish.  Lighter weight, better drag, freer spools and jsut plain feel better in your hand.

The best thing I can tell you is that you will not be disappointed with either the biggest decision will be which brake system do you like best.  

I As far as casting I can't tell much difference between the two.

I guess you don't remember what happened on Wise last fall.

Are you looking to get a Curado E5 or E7. In making the comparison between the STX and the Curados hopefully some will address if their are differences in casting distances between a E5 and E7 or if this is a nonfactor and how these differences compare to the STX. I have two STX but was thinking Curado E5 for cranking and have same questions about the comparisons as you do overall performance

I am looking at the E7 high speed model for burning buzz baits and buzz frogs, spinnerbaits, and shallow cranks.  I may also do some worming with it.  I hope to get to play with them both at the BPS fishing classic.  Abu has the free Wiley X sunglasses offer going on and usually you can trade in a reel at the classic and get $30 or so buck off the new reel price.  Anymore advice?

Since Ive never owed a Curado cant give you more advice. The Beast rates STX/Curado pretty equal. All I can tell you is I really like my two STX. I throw a lot of r traps 1/4 and 1/2 on a 6'6'' Gloomis IMX 782 m/f. Being traps they go a mile. I have my other Revo on a Powell MAX 703 mh/xf. I just picked up a Shimano Crucial 7' m/mf crankin rod. For me I will either get the Curado E 5 for crankin or get another STX 6.1 . That should cover my needs but your apllication to burn baits might move you to getting the 7.1.  I note theres a $20 rebate on the Revos going on.   :-X 8-)

They are both great reels right? Then the real question is do you want to stay to that frame style that you already have in the Premier or do you want to mix it up and try the new frame on the Curado? I love Revos and shimanos, I was a sucker for a new design and got a Curado E7 but have not fished it yet.