Sign in to follow this  
Jimzee

Hey you Shimano mooks

Look right here, something finally able to compete with the Steez on weight. Great looking reel too. :D

http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=3325&name=ALDEBARAN%20MG&manufacturename=SHIMANO%20[JDM]

http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=3326&name=ALDEBARAN%20MG%207&manufacturename=SHIMANO%20[JDM]

I know there have been a few threads on this, I just wanted to post this in case any of you...ahem..."tackle junkies" wanted this reel, you can get it from this guy. He is very reliable and provides EMS shipping, usually at your house in three days.  He has both versions too.

That is a beautiful reel.

But I will stick with my Curado's.

Thanks for the info.  :D

Yes, the Aldebaran will be here next summer as the new Mg50.  I just want to know from Bantam why we should wait until the US version comes out.  Will it be different?  That is the question...

Yes, the Aldebaran will be here next summer as the new Mg50. I just want to know from Bantam why we should wait until the US version comes out. Will it be different? That is the question...

The only thing I would be concerned about is will it be the same price.  If so why in the world would you buy the scaled down US version.  If it's like any other US/Japanese version it won't have the same features such as knob and worm bearings.

Yes, the Aldebaran will be here next summer as the new Mg50. I just want to know from Bantam why we should wait until the US version comes out. Will it be different? That is the question...

Who said its coming here? And if it does our version will have a warranty and the JDM version will not.

And if it does our version will have a warranty and the JDM version will not.

There is the only thing that scares me about JDM reels.

Who said its coming here? And if it does our version will have a warranty and the JDM version will not.

I did...and I'm always right!  I will wager a Steez rod on it... :D

Im not a big shimano fan, but in this case I will have to make an exception. That is a pretty awesome looking reel.  If it had a warranty and if they had it in a Lefty I wouldve bought it right now.   :D

I like it! but that price tag has me working out with a 7.6 ounce dumbbell so I can continue to throw my Curado all day ;D. maybe in a few years these ultra light reels will have a price I can stomach?

These prices are getting ridiculous. I take that back. The prices are ridiculous.

awsome looing reel but i hope the us version has some more bling bling to it... man if i could only design  the reel colors.. picture a black reel with a nice blue spool, blue handle blue cast knob i could go on and on but its nice to dream  ::D