Sign in to follow this  

Reel Grips for spinning reel?

Does anyone know of anyone that makes something like reel grips for spinning reels. I have a Pflueger President 30 size spinning reel that I use for ponds and the handle knob is tiny. Or does anyone know of any larger soft touch knobs that will fit.

I use these on both spinning and baitcasters without any problem

Without sounding stupid, how do you put them on a spinning reel? one on each side?

Those won't work with the President handle design.

And I don't know of any reel grips that would, either.

you just use one for spinning. the packs come with 2 in them so you can cover 2 spinning reel handles

Without sounding stupid, how do you put them on a spinning reel? one on each side?

Those won't work with the President handle design.

And I don't know of any reel grips that would, either.

most of my spinning is quantum and they fit no problem. I don't know much about flooger reels

This is the handle of the reel he has.

The grip is elongated opposite of what most reels use, rendering the traditional grips posted above useless.

post-13019-130162925916_thumb.jpg

Know what ya mean and I don't like those rosewood handles, I only buy saltwater reels even for freshwater use.  The b/c grips seems like a doable fix or try using a piece from surgical gloves or maybe rubber cement, which will wear off in time anyway.

The prez 6750 has a soft touch grip, but I'm sure it's too large.

I bought a handle for a abu cardinal 4000 and put it on my cardinal 802, great move.

Thanks for the responses, I will keep at it and keep you posted in case anyone else is interested, may just have break out the lathe.

I would bet the power handle from the Medadlist would fit the President.  Contact Flooger to see if it can be done, and order one from them.

I would bet the power handle from the Medalist would fit the President

Bet it would, the medalist is just the saltwater version, those handles are usually around 10 bucks, call Pure Fishing in Spirit Lake Ia, they represent pflueger now.

you could also try to cut a hole in the side of a reel grip like the ones posted in the link, slip that hole over one end, and stretch it over the other end, so you end up with the rosewood part covered and a hole in the reel grip where the rosewood part and the other part come together.

You guys that have them on your baitcasters. I was thinking of buying some for my baitcasters but do you feel that they are a BIG plus? What are thr pro's or con's?   Thanks :-?

I have the reel grips on most of my reels (both casting and spinning).  I don't know that I'd call them a BIG plus, but I like the feel of the grip.  Since it does seem to really grip your hand, I feel like I'm gripping the handle with less pressure.  I'd give them a thumbs up.

Thanks for all the help, as I was sitting watching my son do his homework with his pencil I noticed the little rubber grip on his pencil, and there you go fits like a charm and has a nice soft but firm feel and increases the size. Just unscrew the wood handle , take a hole punch, punch a hole in the center on one side and slide it on. ;D

Thanks for all the help, as I was sitting watching my son do his homework with his pencil I noticed the little rubber grip on his pencil, and there you go fits like a charm and has a nice soft but firm feel and increases the size. Just unscrew the wood handle , take a hole punch, punch a hole in the center on one side and slide it on. ;D

LOL.

That's so simple its ingenious.

*Runs to Wal-Mart to get a pencil grip*

You guys that have them on your baitcasters. I was thinking of buying some for my baitcasters but do you feel that they are a BIG plus? What are thr pro's or con's? Thanks :-?

I don't feel they are a big plus. the pros.. the feel pretty good, and I feel they give me good grip especially in some bad weather conditions.  the cons.. can't really think of any. they are about 5 bucks so if you don't like them you are not loosing much.

I will give them a try, Thanks ! :)

I will give them a try, Thanks ! :)

Like my wife would say, you have to match the color grips to the color of the rod and reel!