Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

I need help choosing one

Hey guys I will soon be in the market for a new baitcaster in the 200-270$ but there are so many options, it's just hard to choose! I already have a curado E, so Please Pick one different from that and State in a reply why you chose it ;D If you pick other, please state which reel and why ;)

-Jason

I chose the STX. After two full seasons, all my Revos have served me flawlessly. My next choice would be the Zillion, I recently had an opportunity to take a few casts with one and I loved it.

Falcon

Shimano?????  :(

I picked the only round reel on the list. I just like the look and feel of a round reel, something about fishing with a classic design that gives me added pleasure to my fishing. That is what it is all about any way the satisfaction that you bring home after the day on the water.

If you added the Tour PT reel, you can pick up last years model and still have 150 bucks to put toward your rod.

I picked the Revo STX. Have a few that have all performed perfectly over the year or so I have had them. Nice comfortable fit and feel and a great design. Hard to go wrong with them.

I voted for the STX.  I have one and love it and have never had a problem with it.  If not the STX defineltly the Zillion

I have 4 Revo STXs and 1 Daiwa Zillion with a 2nd on its way.

I love Revos for fishing heavy line in heavy cover, Flipping, Pitching, Punching, it does all my heavy duty work. But for light and regular applications I'd go with a Zillion.

What are you going to use it for?

I plan on using it for all around applications :(

What are "All Around" applications for you and the places you fish?

Mostly open water? or Lots of weeds and cover?

Nothing real heavy, lots of working light plastics over sparse hydrilla beds, some shallow cranking, some flipping jigs(1/2 oz and under; nothing real heavy), I think i'm actually leaning towards the Sol because i'll be casting lighter stuff, what do you think?

ok i think i'll get the sol, i still have a lot of time to gather some money so keep the votes coming!!!!!! i'm tryin' to get to 100 votes haha

-Jason