Sign in to follow this  
ejtaylor822

Pflueger and BPS Micro-lite supreme

The reel on the left is a Pfluegler 6 BB Trion I bought at Dicks last year. The Reel on the right is a BPS Supreme 8 BB micro-lite I got last week. WIth the exception of the BB's, handle and names - they are absolutely identical. Even the drag and free spool switch are identical.

PfluegerTrion_and_BPS_MicroSupreme.jpg

When I pulled the BPS out of the box last week told my wife, "this is a Pflueger!" Not complaing, I love that Pflueger Trion - one of my favorite setups.

Paid $39 for the Pflueger at Dicks which came with a pretty good rod. Got the BPS micro-lite first of the year (back order) on sale for $29 and came with an extra spool. Anxious to get it strung up and hit the water.

No doubt who makes this line of reels for BPS.

I don't see the BPS reel when I go to their website. Could you post a link? I have the Pflueger and love it, but can't find it at Dicks anymore.

I've never seen a BPS supreme reel and most of there reels have been switched to the widespool. IDK

I do know that the Pflueger Patriarch and JM Sig. are almost identical. And with the exception of not having the UBS, the Pflueger President seems very similar to the new Pro Qualifier. Plus both Pflueger and BPS reels have a dual braking system? :-?

Also, have you ever seen a Shakespeare Dimension....it's a Pflueger President without a ported spool or wooden handle.

I think Daiwa makes cabelas reels

The extra bearing in the BPS may be in the handle, as it looks by the picture. The Trion has the rosewood handle. I'd say it's a Trion for sure without the wood handle.

My UL setup is a Trion 4725gx on a BPS Micro Lite 6' ul rated rod. I've fished the snot out of it for over a year with no troubles whatsoever.  

I've never seen a BPS supreme reel and most of there reels have been switched to the widespool. IDK

I do know that the Pflueger Patriarch and JM Sig. are almost identical. And with the exception of not having the UBS, the Pflueger President seems very similar to the new Pro Qualifier. Plus both Pflueger and BPS reels have a dual braking system? :-?

Also, have you ever seen a Shakespeare Dimension....it's a Pflueger President without a ported spool or wooden handle.

The Patriarch and the JM Sig. are very similar in appearance, but are built on completely different frames. The JM is much larger overall and is noticeably heavier than the Patriarch.

The Patriarch and the JM Sig. are very similar in appearance, but are built on completely different frames. The JM is much larger overall and is noticeably heavier than the Patriarch.

The internal aspects were my basis but I know what you mean

I saw the Shakespeare Dimension at walmart over xmas for cheap, something like 34.95 if my memory serves.  Would have bought but I have more than I use anyway.

I did have a Shakespeare Agility, 1 step below the Dimension and it was as smooth as could be.  I ruined it using it saltwater but served me well for 6 months.