Sign in to follow this  
SuthernHaze

powell and e21

i was completely set on getting a powell max casting rod for my jig/worm rod.  With all of the topics of carrot stix coming up has got me wondering how the powell max and carrot stix ltx for 149.99 compare to each other.  I have a bass pro in town and can actually touch and feel the carrot stix unlike the powell which is blind although i have been given great advice from Big Tom on the powells.

After hearing what everyone has said, I too am thinking about getting a Carrot Stick, they look nice are light and have a great warranty.

dmac14 - they have a few at Gander in Henrietta.  I suggest you bring the reel you intend to use to check out how they feel.  I don't care for the hardloy guides, at that price point I'd like to see Alconites.

After hearing what everyone has said, I too am thinking about getting a Carrot Stick, they look nice are light and have a great warranty.

Powell has all those characteristics as well.  I haven't fished the Carrot Stix but I have compared them while holding them in the shop and the Powells feel better to me.  Powell is also growing their distributor base.  When I purchased my Powells (four of them) I had to get them shipped to me which was two to three years ago.  Now I have three locations nearby that sell them.  This test by tackletour.com three years ago convinced me to give them a try.  

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewpowell683cxfast.html

i personally can't give to much insight into the powell lineup but i can telll you that carrot stix are an awesome rod for the price. I have 6 of them and i have only two things to say.. VERY LIGHT! and very sensitive.. plus i personally love the grips and handle... its a great rod in my eyes... :D

dmac14 - they have a few at Gander in Henrietta. I suggest you bring the reel you intend to use to check out how they feel. I don't care for the hardloy guides, at that price point I'd like to see Alconites.

Do they have powell rods also?

dmac14 - they have a few at Gander in Henrietta. I suggest you bring the reel you intend to use to check out how they feel. I don't care for the hardloy guides, at that price point I'd like to see Alconites.

Do they have powell rods also?

I don't think so, at least I didn't see any when I was in there last Friday. Their selection of carrots was pretty limited, they had mostly spinning rods from what I saw.

No, they don't.  Tackle Warehouse and Suquehanna Fishing Tackle do.