Sign in to follow this  
Jimzee

This year's starting lineup - Team Daiwa

After getting them all cleaned up and ready to go, here's a few pics of the reels I will be using most this year.

Back to front, left to right as follows:

Alphas Ito 103 A.I. - Carbontex drag upgrade, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, worm gear bearing upgrade

Team Daiwa Viento - Carbontex drag upgrade, Ceramic Lightning Hybrid spool bearings, TD-Z four bearing handle with I'ZE Factory cork knobs, worm gear bearing upgrade

Lberto Pixy - Pixilla upgrade (7 disc drag with Carbontex, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, ZPI" 85mm Platinum carbon handle, I'ZE Factory cork knobs, TD-Z line guide, worm gear bearing upgrade)

Alphas 103 - Carbontex drag upgrade, Ceramic Lightning Hybrid spool bearings, TD-Z four bearing handle

Steez 103H - Carbontex drag upgrade, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, I'ZE Factory 90mm swept carbon fiber handle

Alphas 103 - Carbontex drag upgrade, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, Bassart 90mm handle with Bassart aluminum knobs, worm gear bearing upgrade

Alphas Ito 103 A.I. - Carbontex drag upgrade, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, worm gear bearing upgrade

Lberto Pixy - Pixilla upgrade (7 disc drag with Carbontex, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, ZPI" 85mm Platinum carbon handle, I'ZE Factory cork knobs, TD-Z line guide, worm gear bearing upgrade)

Zillion Crazy Cranker 100P - Carbontex drag upgrade, Ceramic Lightning Hybrid spool bearings, worm gear bearing upgrade

TD-Z 105H - Carbontex drag upgrade, ZPI" Sic spool bearings, Bassart 90mm carbon fiber handle with I'ZE Factory cork knobs

Picture021.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Very nice lineup. How do you like the feel of the aluminum knobs in comparison to cork or 'standard' knobs? Thinking about going that route with a couple of mine.

They feel great, just a little on the heavy side compared to regular knobs or cork.  Figure on adding nearly two ounces to the total weight of the reel after putting them on.

They feel great, just a little on the heavy side compared to regular knobs or cork. Figure on adding nearly two ounces to the total weight of the reel after putting them on.

No kidding? Looks like they would be designed to be lighter than the factory stuff.....interesting.

Anyway, sweet lineup you got there!

Sweet reels! Where do you find the custom parts I have a steez that is begging for a c/f handle!

I deal with Brooklyn Bill a lot. He's very fast in shipping which is free in the U.S.A. and his prices are always within a few dollars if not better than everyone else.

I'ZE Factory 90mm Carbon Handle

I'm posting this in YOUR thread because YOU, in part, did this to me. You farted your foul Daiwa breath in my face and I caught YOUR disease. >:D  :o

I'm posting this in YOUR thread because YOU, in part, did this to me. You farted your foul Daiwa breath in my face and I caught YOUR disease. >:D:o

Very nice looking group you got there Rowland, taking quite a liking to the Zillions I see.  After I opened up my first Zillion last year I could see why they felt so solid, they are built like a tank.  It only gets worse from there.

This makes me miss my babies... My pixy, alphas 103, alphas ito are in the mail and on their way back from a drag upgrade/clean/lube.  :'(

Very nice set of reels. I too am a Daiwa fan and am currently looking to upgrade the bearings in a zillion and viento. Does anyone know the sizes of the bearings i would need?

Very nice set of reels. I too am a Daiwa fan and am currently looking to upgrade the bearings in a zillion and viento. Does anyone know the sizes of the bearings i would need?

You need one 11x5x4mm for the spool and one 8x3x4mm for the sideplate.

You can get them at these websites depending on what type of bearing you want.

http://www.***/shopping/shop/store/reel-repair-supplies06.html

http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com/zpi/office_zpi_bearings.html

http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html (scroll down to bottom)

2oz for those reel knobs?!  You've got to be kidding me!  I'm honestly not a fan of them anyway, but I'm a very conservative ol' asss.  I can't wait to take a pic of my lineup this year.... because that will mean I'm DONE with painting.  I'm a huge procrastinater!

2oz for those reel knobs?! You've got to be kidding me! I'm honestly not a fan of them anyway, but I'm a very conservative ol' asss. I can't wait to take a pic of my lineup this year.... because that will mean I'm DONE with painting. I'm a huge procrastinater!

I think I guessed a little high. The Bassart site says they are 15.6 grams and I'm assuming they are meaning only one knob.  That would translate to 1.1 oz. for the pair.  They just feel a lot heavier than 1 oz when holding them in your hand.  Put it this way, I would hate to get hit in the head with one.

I been wanting to see those painted reels of yours for nearly a year now...patiently waiting.

Nice collection!

I have been thinking of adding a zillion hyperspeed 7.3:1 the red 50th anny edition! Whats your opinion on that reel!

Nice collection!

I have been thinking of adding a zillion hyperspeed 7.3:1 the red 50th anny edition! Whats your opinion on that reel!

I don't own one but I'm sure it's just as solid as the rest of the Zillions.

I will probably end up getting one before too long...hangs head in shame. :-[

That red reel is an abomination that should have never been spawned.

It takes ugly to a whole new level.  At least AbuGarcia was smart enough to give the Reese reel yellow accents rather than making it entirely yellow.

I love the red reel, but red is my favorite color lol!, it looks badass in person, I held it. bought a curado E, but I have an open rod that needs a reel, and that may be it lol! or a feugo!