Sign in to follow this  
andamtoft

Braided Line

I like using Braid, but the visibility becomes an issue, The camo braids and the invisibraids are supposed to help this. Has any one had any luck with this or have a preferable brand of either invisible braid or camo braid. I know spider wire makes both and berkley makes the invisible fireline. What do you guys think? Thanks!

If you think visibility is an issue, tie on a fluorocarbon leader.

I think it's important for jigs and soft plastics, but not for "moving"

lures. Some of our best sticks fish braid and leader for everything.

8-)

I've never seen any braid that is anything close to invisible in clear water. I mainly use braid with a spinning rod for finesse fishing but use a flourocarbon leader. It works great and I've never had a problem where the two lines are joined.

Always use a fluorocarbon leader with braid. Connect with back to back uni knots. With topwater frogs, use a mono leader as it is more buoyant than fluorocarbon.

Invisible braid?...not possible...haven't produced an invisible thread yet either, still gotta sew stuff inside out.  Invibraids are white rope underwater...don't care for camo lines...if you use braid, buy green and use a flouro leader

I havent seen much problems with braid in water, unless the water you are fishing is super clear I think you will be fine. Although I have caught several bedding bass with 30# braid, the visibility didnt seem to hinder them into biting.

In and around cover I have not experienced any noticable loss in bites using 30-40lb PP braid without a leader, in fact I have switched to using braid alone 99% of time around wood and docks now...even in very clear water, and I fish clear water a ton...in open water flouro is key though. JMO

i have been a fan of braid forever but i am just starting to see the advantages of something that is not visible just depends what your fishing and where you are fishing at