Sign in to follow this  
TruiteBR

Megastrike and Braid.

Since I started using megastrike fish attractant I had some problems with my braided lines. They are snapping very easily and lost straight. Did anybody else notice this? Could the attractant react with the line and provoke this?

Is the line braking at the knot (Palomar?)? Also what size braid are you using? I use 30-50 lb braid and have not experienced breaking and I use the heck out of Megastrike.

I'm using 20# Suffix braid on my spinning rods and haven't noticed anything like that. I'm a little curious to the answers that Uncle Leo asked as well.

I use 30-50 lb braid and have not experienced breaking and I use the heck out of Megastrike.

Same here, I don't think that Megastrike get to my line anyway

The line is not breaking at the knot. It is braking in the middle of the line; it is very strange because I am sure that the line had not suffered any abrasion where it broke. This happened in 2 of my reels. I have been using 20lb braid. I notice that to happen in the day after I used megastrike. I intend to make a test in my house; however I have not had the time yet.

Boy that's strange, let us know what you find out. What manufacturer of braid are you using, I use Power Pro.

Since I started using megastrike fish attractant I had some problems with my braided lines. They are snapping very easily and lost straight. Did anybody else notice this? Could the attractant react with the line and provoke this?

After reading all the mumbo jumbo on the attractant thread in the Tackle section I have the perfect explanation for your line breaking -----> fish are chewing your line !

MEAN BASS

After reading all the mumbo jumbo on the attractant thread in the Tackle section I have the perfect explanation for your line breaking -----> fish are chewing your line !

Now that is funny!

Seriously though, I don't think Megastrike had anything to do with the line breaking.

I have one rod set up for flipping jigs in rough crap. 50lb power pro with no leader. I actually smear megastrike on about the first three feet of line up from the jig so it dosen't drag as hard on wood. I've never had a problem with the megastrike hurting the line.