Sign in to follow this  
Georgia Jeff

Lots of new Curados for sale! Whats up with that?

I can't help but notice that the new curados are poping up for sale pretty often.  Those of you who have them, do they live up to your expectations?  Why do you think people are selling them?  How do they stack up to last years model like the 100D?

On paper, they're superior to their predecessors. I know if I had one, it would live up to mine. They could be on hard times or maybe going up to the chronarch d. :)

I love the reel, but for some reason it rubs the inside of my index finger raw. I have the left handed version and cast with my right hand. I have tried several different casting techniques, but can't seem to get comfortable. Thank God I still have my mg's. I can't see how anybody could not like the new E's and I think my case is a rare exception. I did notice the same thing you did though; there seem to be a lot for sale.

They've been selling like hotcakes since they came out, so only makes sense there'd be a bunch of used ones for sale at any given time.

I think anybody who paid retail price for theirs will take a beating on it when they try to sell it. With brand new ones available on ebay for $150 tyd, a used one would have to be priced below $120 to even make it worth buying.

They've been selling like hotcakes since they came out, so only makes sense there'd be a bunch of used ones for sale at any given time.

I think anybody who paid retail price for theirs will take a beating on it when they try to sell it. With brand new ones available on ebay for $150 tyd, a used one would have to be priced below $120 to even make it worth buying.

i got mine for $143 shipped off ebay new in the box. not that theres anything "wrong" with the unit but id love to trade it for a good used Sol.

i got mine for $143 shipped off ebay new in the box. not that theres anything "wrong" with the unit but id love to trade it for a good used Sol.

I bought an E7 and a Citica 200E this week for less than $250, shipped. I only "needed" one of them, but I figured I'd try them both and see if the E7 is really worth the extra $$.

If nothing else, I can swap gear sets to build a Curado E6, and keep the Citica as a loaner. :)

I bought an E7 and a Citica 200E this week for less than $250, shipped. I only "needed" one of them, but I figured I'd try them both and see if the E7 is really worth the extra $$.

If nothing else, I can swap gear sets to build a Curado E6, and keep the Citica as a loaner. :)

the funny thing is i wasnt looking to buy an E5 , i just refuse to see someone steal the unit cheap. i should have just bid once and went on to other things but didnt.

The reel isn't as comfortable for me. I think it's a little too low and too small for my hands. My hand hurts from holding it after a day of fishing. I  prefer the D > E and I can care less if it's 2 ounces heavier.

Wow....first negatives i've heard on the E's.  I was beginning to wonder if they had in fact caught up with the Revo's.

I don't think the E reels up for sale are anywhere near the number that occurred not long after the D reels were introduced.  Lots of guys went out, bought D Curado's and weren't happy with them.  Then the mass hysteria to buy up old CU-200 green reels happened.  

I made a lot of money buying up CU-200's and then reselling them back then.

You see the same type of thing with the Revo SX and STX as well.  

It's a good thing for lovers of those type of reels.  You can get a nearly new reel for a lot cheaper than buying new.  

Thanks for the replies.  I have a 100D and love it and was hoping the 200E7 would be the same size.  Does anyone know if they are the same size?  What about color?  I know the 200 and 300 series are both green but do they both have that sparkly finish on them.  I remember holding one at BPS a while back but can't remember if it was a 200 or 300.  

I bought a new 201E7 curado sight unseen via the web when they first hit the market and I exchanged it for a 51MG before I even fished with it. I didn't like the ultra low profile of the reel and how the spool rubbed on my hand when I palmed the thing. I also feel that the quality was lacking compared to the D models. I was really bummed over the very sloppy fit of the line guide. I've got 4 101D's and one MG51.....hope they last till the F models come out.

I got the 201E7 and before I even used it they put the 51MGs on closeout and then they were made even cheaper on a web site for a week and I couldn't help myself and bought 2 of them. Needless to say I sold the Curado.

Now though it has left me needing a high speed reel, what to try??

Later, :)

I haven't tried the E series, but they looked to small for my hands. It's nice that they made them a little lighter but I never thought the old ones were too heavy, I was very satisfied with the D series and the old green super free models. Tackle Warehouse just brought in a bunch old B series Chronarch which I've never used and they are selling them for $ 186.88, I'm thing about trying a couple. I'm curiuos if anyone has used these reels and what your opinion is.

The B series are very and I mean very good reels.  If the size of the Es are too small for you then the B series would be a great fit for you.

Later, :)

I don't know why they are coming down in price, probably due to competition (there are so many quality reels out there that are becoming more affordable).

I sure wish they made the L hand retrieve 200E in a 5.0:1 gear ratio. That is probably what I would buy for cranks.......oh well, I will prob. buy a Johnny Morris reel instead...or a winch. I have just always wanted to try a curado. I now know how all those left handed archers feel when the new models come out and they cant shoot them for 4 months b/c they only have R handed bows to start out with!

I personally love the E series.  Out of the reels I own, they're my favs.  I went and bought a zillion the other day because of the good things I had heard, took it home....cast it for awhile....and took it back the next day and exchanged it for a another curado.  IMO they're a great deal for the quality you get.

I agree with the other replies about the new E's being too low to the rod.  I have pretty small hands, and even for me it just doesn't palm comfortably.    Something to do with not having the proper leverage or something.  So, I prefer the D series right now.  Possibly might check out a new Chronarch D, from what I've seen they have the same profile as a Core which is about as perfect as it gets.  

The E's definitely sit lower on the reel seat than the 100Ds.  

I'm very surprised to see all of this negativity about the Curado E's. IMO they are perfect and greatly exceed all of its competitors in its price range.

I fished with my E7 for about an hour before i took the line off and put it on Ebay! It just didnt feel "right" to me in any way. I will just stick to my Revos!    :)

I love my e7, I have smaller hands so it's perfect for me.  The curado 101d was also a nice sized reel but there was an issue with the drag on the one I got.  e7...love it

Thanks for the replies. I have a 100D and love it and was hoping the 200E7 would be the same size. Does anyone know if they are the same size? What about color? I know the 200 and 300 series are both green but do they both have that sparkly finish on them. I remember holding one at BPS a while back but can't remember if it was a 200 or 300.

You're in luck. The 200E actually is shorter (vertically) than the 100D and therefore actaully sits lower. It is smaller than the D by a wee bit, BUT has the capacity of a 200 shimano, hence the 200 in its name.  :)