Sign in to follow this  
reddragon

Daiwa Team Daiwa Advantage

would $70 be good for a used Team Daiwa Advantage?? im pretty new to baitcasting like i said before so im just looking around trying to find deals and researching on what would fit me best, just looking for your expertise in these types of reels.. so if anyone can help me it would be great.. also if anyone owns this reel im wondering if its durable and will it last if i fish with it alot because i do a good amount of fishing during this time of year... or any other pros or cons thanks

If the reel is in used but good condition $70 dollars is a great deal for a darn good reel.

My only beef with the reel would be the weight ( after fishing with sub 7 oz reels everything feels brick heavy ) but other than that I don 't see any flaws in it.

which model number advantage is it? If it is a 150H, IMO $70 is a bit much for a used one. I have one, it is the reel I learned B/C on. It is a good reel and has treated me well, but I think $70 used is a bit much for a reel that retailed new for $100, JMO. (I might be biased because I got a great deal on mine, $25 new.) If it is the 153HST, it is probably a good deal. I have not used this reel but it has some upgrades over the 150H that would probably make it worth the extra $

thanks guys ill ask for the real number tomorrow he says its 3 years old what do you guys think will it last me??

The Super-tuned TDA153hsta has gotten great reviews from what I have read.  You can buy them on ebay, new, for around $130.  I would say if you could find a lightly used one for $70 that would be a good price.

I have this reel on my list.  I may replace my Revo Ss with this reel.  I've read the reviews and it seems to be very well regarded.  My experience with Daiwa is that they are very, very good reels.

thanks guys ill ask for the real number tomorrow he says its 3 years old what do you guys think will it last me??

Mine is going on its fourth season and mechanically its as good as the day I bought it. With proper maintenance this reel should last you a long time.

what do you guys think its been slightly used for 3yrs now for 70 is that too much??

give him a slightly lower offer. Alls he can say is no!

ya thats probably my best bet

If its indeed three years old, you'll want to verify that it is actually a TD Advantage HSTA, and not an HST.  If its the latter, offer $50, otherwise $70 is fair, if in A+ mechanical condition.

If its indeed three years old, you'll want to verify that it is actually a TD Advantage HSTA, and not an HST. If its the latter, offer $50, otherwise $70 is fair, if in A+ mechanical condition.

the model is actually a 153HSTL left handed model Don't know if thats the same as the HSTA though?

a lot of people have been telling me to get a citica E, or revo S what are the differences between these three reels or which one would be best applicable... TDA 153HSTL, Citica E, or revo S

I've fished with Revo S's, I sold my Citica E, and I currently have an HSTA along with many other reels.

The HSTA is the best of the 3 in my opinion, however the Citica E fit better in my hand.

I'm not a huge fan of Left hand reels, it depends on preference, but keep that in mind before you buy it.

I have 8 Daiwas and love them all, although the HSTA is the cheapest of all the ones I own. If it was a tad smaller I'd have several more.