Sign in to follow this  
basser89

Quantum DS300CX reel schematic?

Hey All,

I'm trying to help out a friend. He's got a 2005 Quantum DS300CX baitcaster and its in dire need of a lube job! Problem is, I don't have a schematic for it. I guess the real issue is I'm not sure how they put the side cover (the non-handle side) on. Does anyone know where I can get a schemactic for it or can someone clue me in on how to get the side plate off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Is there a small "switch" on the non handle side ? If there is you need to slide it forward and rotate the plate . If not then let me know and I will run through the Quantum schematics that I have and see if I can find it for you .

Tom  

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply! This reel is not set up like my Accurists or the Energies I have. There's no release button/switch for the side plate which is why I'm completely baffled on this one. I have torn the "handle" side completely down to the bare frame. My initial thought was the worm gear or the pin the line guide rides on held the cover on but that's not the case. If you could check the schematics you have, that would be great and very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey All,

I'm trying to help out a friend. He's got a 2005 Quantum DS300CX baitcaster and its in dire need of a lube job! Problem is, I don't have a schematic for it. I guess the real issue is I'm not sure how they put the side cover (the non-handle side) on. Does anyone know where I can get a schemactic for it or can someone clue me in on how to get the side plate off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Because that reel is a signature series reel for BPS (Bill Dance) and not really in the Quantum line up, I would contact Outdoor World Rod & Reel Repair for info on it....

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=40&option=2

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

Not sure which reel this is, but Pinnacle had a similar reel, and there was no locking switch - just a simple interference bayonet mount.  Did you try to just twist it?

If its this older model, there is a latch below the worm drive, on the brake side.  Slide it toward the crank side, and twist the side plate, down I believe.

6f48_1.JPG

Thanks for the input David! I never thought to check with them!

Francho, I did try twisting it (up and down) with no luck.  :-/  I checked the frame out from every angle possible trying to find a latch to release it. But I will try it again when I get home (after wetting some line of course!). LOL

Hey Francho,

Thanks for the tip! I tried the side plate again this evening and it did twist off! There was so much dirt 'n all along the frame that it kept it from coming off the way I thought it should last night.  :)

I'll give it a good cleaning and put it back together! Thanks again for everyones input!!!!

Awesome, man!  Glad it worked!