Sign in to follow this  
ghost

2009 Kistler Helium LTA Question

I've read on another forum that the 2009 LTA's have a made in China sticker on the butt end of the rod, can someone confirm this?  If this is the case, then these are made in China, not in the U.S.?  Why then does the rod sport an American flag if it's not made in the U.S.?

Or what does this mean w/ the made in China sticker on the rod, does it mean that some parts of the rod are from China & built in the U.S. or what?

The Helium LTA® rods are designed, engineered and inspected at our office in the USA as well as hand crafted by our own experienced rod technicians here at our office in the USA, by Americans. As always, backed by our famous World Class No Hassle Warranty.

http://www.kistlerrods.com/c/KR/helium-lta-fishing-rods/

I'm going to BPS tomorrow; I'll confirm or deny it.  You can't trick customs  ;).  You can't 'sneak' and have something made overseas....if the product doesn't have an 'country of origin' sticker, it not only will not make it through customs, but the company can endure major fines.  

"Designed".  "Engineered".  "Hand crafted".  No where does it say  built in the USA. ;)

"Designed". "Engineered". "Hand crafted". No where does it say built in the USA. ;)
hand crafted

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but that phrase tells me it was "made" in Texas.

Look at the descriptions of the Magnesium TS, Argon, and Carbon Steel.  Then look at the same for the Helium LTA and LTX.  Pretty obvious and plain.

Finally a straight answer from ***.com forum:

2009 Kistler Helium LTA Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've heard/read that the 2009 LTA's have a made in China sticker on the butt end of the rod, can someone confirm this? If this is the case, then these are made in China, not in the U.S.? Why then does the rod sport an American flag if it's not made in the U.S.?

Or what does this mean w/ the made in China sticker on the rod, does it mean that some parts of the rod are from China & built in the U.S. or what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their is a American flag located at the base of the blank, just above the fore grip. The rod components are made in China, the components are then shipped over to the United States where they are then assembled/handcrafted.

TW Staff

Their is a American flag located at the base of the blank, just above the fore grip. The rod components are made in China, the components are then shipped over to the United States where they are then assembled/handcrafted.
Not exactly true.....

Rod Blank (Intel-a-Matrix® carbon fibers) - Built in China to Kistler spec's

(the only component made in that country also reason the "Made In China" sticker is on the blank)

FUJI® SIC Silicon Carbide Guides - Japan

FUJI® reel seats - Japan

Premium quality burled cork fused with soft EVA foam - US

The rods are NOT handcrafted here (as stated the only component made here is probably the burl/foam grips) the rods are ASSEMBLED here that's it, and the reason for the flag in the forgrip area under an epoxy finish.....

Tight Lines!!!!

Our original open hook hanger design allows for quick and convenient hook storage, even without removing the bait or dulling your hook point! The Helium LTA® rods are designed, engineered and inspected at our office in the USA as well as hand crafted by our own experienced rod technicians here at our office in the USA, by Americans. As always, backed by our famous World Class No Hassle Warranty.

Once again Reel Mechanic you know more about a companies product and their companies practices than the owner and CEO does. You probably should get with Trey and fill him in on how he makes his rods so he can make the necessary adjustments to his website....

Our original open hook hanger design allows for quick and convenient hook storage, even without removing the bait or dulling your hook point! The Helium LTA® rods are designed, engineered and inspected at our office in the USA as well as hand crafted by our own experienced rod technicians here at our office in the USA, by Americans. As always, backed by our famous World Class No Hassle Warranty.

Once again Reel Mechanic you know more about a companies product and their companies practices than the owner and CEO does. You probably should get with Trey and fill him in on how he makes his rods so he can make the necessary adjustments to his website....

"Designed, engineered, inspected, and handcrafted" could mean that Kistler does exactly what ReelMech says. None of those verbs clearly say that the rod is made in America. "Handcrafted" could also mean "put together." It could be that they are designed and engineered in America, the pieces are made in China/Japan and then shipped to the US where they are inspected and put together by "hand." Companies choose ambiguous verbs on purpose to make people think their stuff is made in America.

Oops sorry I offended you....

The Helium LTA® rods are designed, engineered and inspected at our office in the USA

Designed - yup on paper.

Engineered - yup again on paper and blanks brought in from China using their specs or (maybe even still by Batson)..

Inspected - aww shucks again the blanks from the manufacture of them...

Now

as well as hand crafted by our own experienced rod technicians here at our office in the USA, by Americans.
Just Trey' fancy way of saying ASSEMBLED by workers in the us, never argued that point...

In rod building especially those companies that mass produce tend to use that phrase (handcrafted) to loosely..

define:handcrafted

Something that is built by and with hand and hand-held tools rather than an assembly line process (ie mass produced).

My point such as Kistler Rods...

I want to add one more point.

I don't know how many rod builders I have spoken with about wanting to go into mass producing. I have researched over the last 15 years in building, a lot about the rod building industry. Unless you have had the chance to sit with the Kistler family at their dinner table to listen to Trey and the ides and marketing habits he has then I wouldn't believe to much about what you read on the co website, or the forums that say this is the word..

I'm done just the .02¢ of an old custom rod builder, again sorry I offended you...

It could mean....if you cast a Kistler Rod real hard little monkeys playing banjo's will fly out of your butt!!!!

Are you guys serious???? Are you listening to what your actually taking time out of your life to actually sit and type???

If you like Kistler Rods (like I do) buy them, embrace them, use them, brag about them, show them to your friends, (watch for the flying pigs) fish with them!

If you are hung up on where Kistler Rods are designed, engineered, inspected, hand crafted, assembled, made, put together, little flying pigs loaded in the butt section then don't buy Kistler Rods!!! Buy a different high end rod made by a different manufacture!

You really don't have to be the "head cashier" down at the Walmart to figure this one out guys!!!

Life is too short for discussions like this one gentlemen!!!! You can "what if" it to death...

I just ordered one of the Helium LTA's from Tackle Warehouse for 199.99

Their pictures of the rod don't exactly match up to what's on the Kistler website.......but if it's only minor aesthetics.....I'm fine with the rod looking a little different. I just don't what to be shipped a LTA that's balanced differently or something of that nature. I can't seem to get a straight answer on if the TW LTA's are different in some way than the ones currently being sold on the Kistler website.

......then again....it was 60 bucks cheaper than ordering straight from Kistler....which I don't mind in the least ;D