Sign in to follow this  
Little Luey

Ratings on the Revo S reel?

I was wondering what you all think about this reel, reliable? smooth?

I have not had a baitcaster over$50 and it may just be time, since it is on sale... ;D

with the Bionic brade rod for $159.94

good deal?

I've heard theyre great, actually there was one on sale here at the forums for $90. $160 is not that great of a deal with this one you can get the Revo s and A nice $80 rod for the same price.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1239820790

Reliable, smooth, easy casting, best drag in the business.  

Reliable, smooth, easy casting, best drag in the business.

Could not have said it better myself!

I own a Revo S and am pleased with it.  It's a solid reel, well built, and the deal you found on it sounds great.  However, IMO, at the Revo S normal price point, the Citica E is a better reel for the money. I'd check Ebay and flea market to see what kind of deal you could get on one.

I own a Revo S and am pleased with it. It's a solid reel, well built, and the deal you found on it sounds great. However, IMO, at the Revo S normal price point, the Citica E is a better reel for the money. I'd check Ebay and flea market to see what kind of deal you could get on one.

Thanks, since you mentioned the Citica, they also have on sale sor about the same price with the same rod, I wish I could get both and compare but that would not be possible, it would have to be one or the other.

You can get the S for about $97 shipped on ebay.  However you can get it for $99+ shipping at Pure Fishing and they appear to have pretty awesome follow-up service - check this thread:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1239825227

Someone also posted a link to a place selling refurb Revo S's for $79 + shipping.

Revo S's are all that I use any more from everything from 1/8 to 1 oz on various rods. I never could get comfy with the Mag Brakes setups, too much fine tuning. I think they are great reels and especially for $80-100. Tried a Citica 200 E but just had that little shimano play in it and actually was a tad bit small for my hand comfort wise. Of course only my opnion.

I was wondering what you all think about this reel, reliable? smooth?

I have not had a baitcaster over$50 and it may just be time, since it is on sale... ;D

with the Bionic brade rod for $159.94

good deal?

I really like mine.  :)

I have one of the first season Revo S-L's, like it a lot haven't done anything to it. The reel is still smooth, quiet, has a great drag system, and, the spool brakes work excellent for the way I setup my reels.

Don't know anything about the Bionic brade rod can't help there.... ;)

Tight Lines!!!  

thanks guys for the help.

Looks like my first choice will be the Revo, if not in stock or on sale anymore, I will go with the Citica. If neither one of the two is in stock or run out of money before getting the reel I will get it on line, thanks to the members who provided links.

Ideally I will end up with a Revo and a Citica, for better comparison of the two, in time I hope.  ;)