Sign in to follow this  
dmac14

Testing sensitivity

Is there a way to test the sensitivity of a rod in the store?

Yes...

I have seen anglers with buddies test rods in the store by placing the rod tip at the adams apple in the throat and humming softly.

But in my personal opinion, there is only one way to really test the sensitivity of a rod.. That is mount the reel, string the rod up and go fishing. There is a whole lot of difference between someone humming and the subtle vibration of a fish picking up a bait.

Just a builders .02¢

Tight Lines!!!!!

Bring your reel to the store and put it on the rod you want.  

Thread your line through all guides.

Unfold a dollar bill and poke a hole in one end.

Tie dollar bill to end of line.

Hold the rod like you normally do and have someone gently/lightly flick the end of the dollar bill.

Can you feel the vibration?

Or hold rod ,near the reel seat, up to your mouth and quietly whisper "you are the ugliest rod on the rack. No one will ever buy you. You couldn't catch a cold."  If rod doesn't cry then it's not sensitive enough.

LOL..that's funny right there... ;D

Or hold rod ,near the reel seat, up to your mouth and quietly whisper "you are the ugliest rod on the rack. No one will ever buy you. You couldn't catch a cold." If rod doesn't cry then it's not sensitive enough.

LOL..that's funny right there... ;D
Or hold rod ,near the reel seat, up to your mouth and quietly whisper "you are the ugliest rod on the rack. No one will ever buy you. You couldn't catch a cold." If rod doesn't cry then it's not sensitive enough.

i was reading and thinking hrmm interesting approach whispering to feel vibrations then when i got to the part about the rod crying i felt like i wanted to cry.

it was like getting rick rolled but worst.

Or hold rod ,near the reel seat, up to your mouth and quietly whisper "you are the ugliest rod on the rack. No one will ever buy you. You couldn't catch a cold."  If rod doesn't cry then it's not sensitive enough.
Yup there it is....

Now that is funny, have to give that a shot.lol

Later, ;)