Sign in to follow this  
moloch16

6'6" MH Multi-Purpose Rod ($150 - $200)

I'm looking to buy my first "expensive" rod. I'm looking for 6'6" MH rod. This rod will be used for pretty much everything as I can't afford a bunch of specialty rods. Although this rod will be used for everything, I'm primarily looking for really good sensitivity for fishing plastics and such.

I like the 6'6" length for fishing in tight places and wade fishing from shore.

I think this rod will do the trick. Opinions?

Kistler Mag Alton Cast 6'6" Med Hvy

http://www.***.com/descpageRDCKISTLER-KAJC.html#

I've had the Kistler in my hands with a reel on it at Gander recently, and I own a similar rod, AVC70MHF.  The Kistler is a little lighter, but the Avid feels better balanced, and a little heavier power.  The components on the Avid seem more durable.  I own three Kistlers, and you have to be careful with the guides, since they do bend easily.  None have broken in two years, but a few had to "bent back" into shape.  No worries with the Alconites that the Avid is equipped with.

Both rods would suit you well.  In either case, get a rod sleeve.  Spend more than $50 on a rod, and the $7 sleeve pays for itself.

There are alot of good rods in the $150 - 200 range the two mentioned above are both very good Carrot Stix are very good if you watch ebay you can even get a Loomis Mossyback for around that price which is also a very good rod.