Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Stick Jacket

Just bought 6 of them have only had them for a couple of weeks but so far I really like them. If they hold up through the summer I will buy about 20 more in the fall. I use the Cabelas rod socks now but like the color of the stick jackets alot that way you can use a color for a different power rod.

I use them and the work great. Keeps your rods untangled and protects the guides

They are a great rod protector.

I bought some from 5BL, the only difference I noticed was the little flare at the mouth... easily remedied in 15 seconds with a heat gun.

They are a great rod protector.

I bought some from 5BL, the only difference I noticed was the little flare at the mouth... easily remedied in 15 seconds with a heat gun.

Excellent Idea !  Especially for the spinning rod covers

Thanks

A-Jay

i bought 3 or 4 to start with and liked 'em so much, i picked up 6 more. i'm now thinking of getting another dozen, enough for all my rods. they work especially well in rod lockers. plus, you can hang your rods on the wall or ceiling by them too. i have my different rod types color-coded.

i baught 4 to protect my rods in the tubes in my boat. I really like them. they go on and off very easily. I find my baitcaster rods slide out when hung from a hook and  i had to modify the ring on the end of my spinning rod stik jacket to fit in the tube in my boat. but at the end of the day i dont hang them from the hooks so it dosnnt really matter. i strongly suggest using them

post-20511-130162926405_thumb.jpg

post-20511-13016292641_thumb.jpg

I also have a black Stick Jacket.  I believe that they are meant more to protect the guides of the rod.  I would like something like a Falcon Rod Sock that covers the whole lure and goes all the way down to reel.

Catt,

I use the Stick Jacket (mostly) and the Rod Sock sold by Academy for all the rods I carry in my boat when I'm fishing. (I have a Skeeter SX 190 that does not have a built-in rod organizer.) I am very pleased with either brand and they really help to keep your rods tangle free when stored in the rod box.

I got all mine from 5BL.  You can cram the rod box full, reach for a rod at the bottom of the pile and pull it right out.  Excellent idea.  

Ok I'm sold :D

Stick jackets are the greatest invention since condoms.   8-)