Sign in to follow this  
DINK WHISPERER

Kistler Magnesium TS rods????

Hello all!

Does anyone know if the Kistler Magnesium TS rods come with Fuji guides or not? I read that they have Fuji frames but it doesn't specify about the guides. I was playing with the Jig-n-Toad at BPS and i was considering getting it but i want all Fuji components. Also, how is the sensitivity on these rods for t-rigged plastics, jigs etc?

Fuji Hardloy guides & Fuji reel seat, ECS on the baitcast rod, don't recall the style of Fuji reel seat on the spinning rod but it's the one that other mfg's would use if they are using Fuji reel seat w/ the screw on top not on the bottom.

I just bought a Kistler Mag TS 6'9" and I'm quite impressed. It has great sensitivity and looks and feels great. I have to get used to the no foregrip but other than that money well spent.

Can this, google you speak of find me people that have used them and can tell me about there sensitivity as well?

Can this, google you speak of find me people that have used them and can tell me about there sensitivity as well?

Perhaps you should use it and find out.

Why, you already did it for me, LOL!

JOKE!!!!

I found threads stating that the Magnesium rods didn't have Fuji guides. Some rep for Kistler was talking about it that's why i asked!

Depending on when the rod was made, it varies. Older models may not. Manufacturers sometimes change brand of guide manufacturers year by year because of better or worse deals given the quantity they run that year.

Seems the ones this year on Kistler is Fuji. In the past they have used Batson.

If it's a Fuji hardloy, the frame will be black and the guide ring won't be black. It will be a greyish type color.

I am hearing mixed reviews on these rods, more bad than good! I think i will just continue the never ending search for the perfect jig/worm rod!!!!!  >:)

The 2008/2009 Magnesiums were much better than the older models.  The older models had Pac Bay or Batson reel seats & there were problems of the reel moving or slipping on the seats.  Now they all have Fuji reel seats & guides & I've had no issue w/ the 2009 Magnesium casting & spinning rods I have.  Used the 6'10" MH spinning rod w/ a Shimano Symetre 2500 reel today & caught 3 bass w/ it today.

What have you heard about them snapping on hook sets or under load?

Haven't heard of any.  I've had a couple rods snap on a hook set this year already, new 2009 rods.  Daiwa 6'8" M Ike series spinning rod & Okuma C3 7' spinning rod.  I really put the Magnesium 6'10" MH spinning rod for some hard fishing & did not have anything to worry about, I was also using 20 lb braid on the spinning reel.

I've got a 7'H Magnesium and really like it.  They are sensitive rods and extremely light.  My only complaint is the Hardloy guides, would prefer Alconite but oh well.

I have a 6'9" MH spinning rig love it  very sensitive in my opinion as for power I think it has plenty of back bone I use braid so I do not set the hook like a mad man. I liked it so much I bought an Argon top water rod now that's a sweet stick :)

I am hearing mixed reviews on these rods, more bad than good! I think i will just continue the never ending search for the perfect jig/worm rod!!!!! >:)

Wanna hear my take ?

I had two Mag TS ( All Purpose and Crankbait ), the model manufactured before Kistler changed the Batson reel seat & guides.

Crankbait series.- fantastic blank ! lousy reel seat, if Kistler maintained the blank and changed the reel seat and guides I 'd say go for it.

All Purpose.- I 'd rather spend the extra money in a IMX, not that it 's a bad rod but if what you want is a really good jig/worm rod without going broke get an IMX. Those extra 50 bones are worth every penny.

I own 4 of the Mag series and 5 of the older graphite plus rods.  The Mag series is a great rod the 6'9 is the first truly versatile all purpose rod that I have found very sensitive and light , but with that said I feel that it preforms best with spinner baits, swim-jigs rattle-traps etc.  If you are looking to kistler for a good worm rod check out their new Football head Jig rod or the Senko specials.  If you can get your hands on one of the graphite plus Texas Rig rods or even the Spinner-bait Special 6'9 awesome soft plastics rod. Of course these are just my 2 cents but hope it might help you out :)

So Fuji frames with ceramic guides means both are Fuji? That is the description on the Jig n/ Toad special i was wanting.