Sign in to follow this  
drop-shot fool

Pflueger supreme spinning reel?

I am looking at a new spinning reel and came across this one.  I was very impressed that it only weighs 7.4 OZ.  Thats almost as light as the steez! I was just wondering how they will hold up.

I have an 8035MG, you could not ask for a better reel for the price, IMHO

x2! I love my Supreme! Excellent price and weight and a very sturdy, smooth reel. Haven't had it for THAT long though, so I can't tell you about its durability too much...

10 bucks says by the time we get to page 2, someone tries to steer you to a Shemano.

I am a Pfluger user, but I do not use the Supreme so my input would not be valuable.

Same boat as muddy, would recommend a President in a heart beat because that is what I have.  If it's anywhere near as good as a president, which I have heard it is a great reel, then I don't think you can go wrong with one.  All my pflueger reels, spinning and baitcasting, have preformed exceptionally well thus far and I have no complaints with the products at all.

In short, I don't think there's a need to worry

I agree i'm also a pflueger user I love my presidents and trions. My buddy has a supreme and iv'e used it a couple of times and it was very nice.

i have a medalist which is awesome.a friend of mine has 3 supremes which have not given him an issue in 3 years of hard fishing with them.

x2! I love my Supreme! Excellent price and weight and a very sturdy, smooth reel. Haven't had it for THAT long though, so I can't tell you about its durability too much...

Same here, this is my first season with my Supreme. So far I'm happy with it. My other Pflueger, the Trion, is on it's second year humming along smoothly.