Sign in to follow this  
Kelly J

Curado. VS Energy.

ok so here is the delema.. im in the market for a new reel and im stuck between the shimano curado and the quantum energy for a new reel. im looking for a 5.0:1ish reel now i know there seems to be alot of shimano people here and maybe some people could give me some insite on the 2 reels. i like my other energy reels but would like to try something else too.

The new energy has gotten great reviews. But so has the Curado. Shimano has always had great products where as quantums background is not as strong.

got the 5:0:1 curado, great reel, great for cranks....also have the Energy Burner and its great too, but if you want the slower ratio, definitely go with the the curado

Don't have an energy so I can't compare.

I do have a Curado and it is really a great reel. It most comfortable reel I have ever fished.

quantum is crap all there stuff....cant beat a shimano itll last you years as quantum probably a season then itll go on the fritz.plus theyre customer serivce is....please hold.....25 min later...lemme redirect your call....elevator music 15 more min....then disconnect.stay away..far away!!!!plus quantum will use crap gears and parts when they can get away with it or to save weight even on some of there so called highend stuff.

quantum is crap all there stuff....cant beat a shimano itll last you years as quantum probably a season then itll go on the fritz.plus theyre customer serivce is....please hold.....25 min later...lemme redirect your call....elevator music 15 more min....then disconnect.stay away..far away!!!!plus quantum will use crap gears and parts when they can get away with it or to save weight even on some of there so called highend stuff.

tell us how you really feel :;)

i wouldnt say the energy is crap......but the curado......is well.....amazing. 8-)

Tough decision; the new Quantums are very competitive and the 7:1 reels will cast light weight baits better than the Curado.  The Curado is a proven reel, but I'm not one to wait a few years until I get the 'all clear' signal from everyone else.  

Curado.  ;)

the new Quantums are very competitive and the 7:1 reels will cast light weight baits better than the Curado.  

Great information, thanks

I have one of last years Energy's and its a great reel. Can't speak on the Curado since I've never handled it so ....ENERGY...for me

I have one of last years Energy's and its crap - I hate it.....Impulse buy last year because it was real cheap....After about a month gears started slipping and grinding - but not all the time....I sent it in for service and nothing was found wrong - so, it just sits in a drawer

Curado. ;)

X2

What are you using the reel for?  If your not using it for deep cranks only I would re-think the 5.0:1 gear ratio.

Curado. I have a 301 (which is obviously different than what you're looking for) that was the single best purchase I made this year.

Quantum get's a lot of hate on these forums, but personally I have used nothing but Quantum reels since the mid 80's and have never had a issue. I vote Energy.