Sign in to follow this  
bronzewb22

Old Shimano Curado DPV Model??

I'm a lefty so i was disappointed to see that all of shimano's newest crankbait reels have no left handed retrieve. I have chosen to get the older shimano curado 201 DPV considering that it is cheaper and has a left handed retrieve. I've heard great things about this reel and was wondering if anyone has used it. Thanks for responding.

I have one.  It is a solid reel, the main complaint with it was that it was a bit heavy and a little larger than most reels.

I have one of each of the D series Curados.  I love these reels and really haven't found a reason to switch over to the new E series.

I am sure you will be very pleased.

I have it and it is great. No Complaints yet, only had it fishing once but very smooth casting. You won't regret it.

I use a 201 matched with a custom medium stick and have no complaints. Great reel and can be had for a good price. You will be very satisfied.

I had one and sold it.  I wish I hadn't.  It was a good reel.  

I have to disagree here. I hated the 200 D models because of the profile and weight. They just didn't feel right to me and I ended up selling them all. The 100 was great little reel. I am a lefty too and found that your options are 101B Chronarch, Crazy Cranker, or if you want to save a few dollar I would suggest picking up the 201B Curado (green one). It is the only reel I every regret selling.

Another option is replacing the 7:1 with a 5.1 gear set on a new Curado.

I have to disagree here. I hated the 200 D models because of the profile and weight. They just didn't feel right to me and I ended up selling them all. The 100 was great little reel. I am a lefty too and found that your options are 101B Chronarch, Crazy Cranker, or if you want to save a few dollar I would suggest picking up the 201B Curado (green one). It is the only reel I every regret selling.

Another option is replacing the 7:1 with a 5.1 gear set on a new Curado.

I agree that the size and weight of the reel isn't that ideal, but it is really the only downfall. If it doesn't bother you too much, it's a wonderful reel and you will definitely like it. I don't have big hands and I think it's very palmable. Give it a shot. Best part is, you can pick one up around $100 TYD.