Sign in to follow this  
bilgerat

Broken BPS rod

So my BPS Micro Lite snaps clean between the tip and the next guide down. What's even more screwy is that it happened while retrieving a little 1/8 oz. Panther Martin, not while fighting a fish.

It's not the end of the world. It was a $40 rod in January of '08, they have gone up $5 since. It's been a killer little rod for me, I have literally caught hundreds of fish on it.

So my question is, do you think BPS will do anything for me after 18 months ?

It was bought online. I filled out and sent in the registration card right away.

I don't live near a BPS, so taking it in personally is not an option.

Anyone had a similar situation and if so, how did it go ?

I broke my BPS rod, my fault..took it in, with the recipt, and they replaced it, no questions asked..only problem was they were out of the rod I bought ..so I got a Rick Clunn instead, same price. Mine was a 100.00..for 40.00 bucks, I wouldn't sweat it...buy another.

I broke my BPS Crankin Stick three weeks ago with a rod locker. I actually took it into the store with no receipt and got a new one in a heavier action with NO probs! They are really good about their customer service at the stores! Online as well IMO! Just call em up and see what they say!

I broke an Extreme, totally my fault, I went to BPS with the broken rod,told them it was my fault. The manager took the broken rod and came back with a brand new one, exactly the same rod and said thanks for being honest and gave me the replacement for free.

Here at the Springfield store they exchanged a fly rod that had been damaged in a house fire.  If you send it back you will probably have to pay shipping both ways and that would eat up about 1/2 of the rod.

BPS is super about these misadventures.

Bring rod to them; tell them what happened; and you will be picking out a replacement and on your way home in fifteen minutes.  :o

amazing stories! just two months ago, i took in a BPS prolite finesse rod that the trigger on the grip cracked and came off. it was 1.5 years old and the manteca store said i was SOL. i even asked to speak to the manager but he told me there was absolutely nothing they could do.