Sign in to follow this  
masterbaiter99

G. Loomis Help - Broken Rod

Was hoping someone may be able to help me out with the Lifetime Warrany info for Loomis. Was out last weekend and my GLX Rod busted on me after I tried to set into a fish (not sure if it had stress crack prior to or not). I got this rod as a gift a few years back so dont have receipt or anything. In reading the Loomis info on warranties for rods I cant tell if they replace or fix and charge fee. Does anyone have info on this type of situation?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

You have 2 options...

1. Xpediter- I highly recommend this one.  You'll have your new rod in 2-3 days and you use that tube to ship back the broken one, with an enclose, prepaid label.  Cost- $50, headaches- none and down time- next to none.   ;)

2. Send the rod in for warranty.  It will get looked at and eventually replaced.  cost- insured shipping both ways plus time without rod, see option #1.  

I've done it both ways, and option 2 is usually cheaper but takes much longer. (several weeks)  For a few extra bucks, the Xpediter is a NO brainer.

Thanks for the info. I just got done with the Expiditer online form. Hope to get that rod here by next weekend if all goes right!

It's nice to know they have an easy service like that....makes spending that kind of money on their rods seem much easier to swallow.

Thanks again!

Both are good options.  If you chose to have the rod covered under warranty, go to the G Loomis homepage, print off and fill out the warranty claim form.  Enclose a check for $20, cut the rod in half (to save on shipping charges) put a piece of tape on the site of the break, and they will cover the rod under warranty.  There is a section on the warranty claim form where you indicate that the rod broke on a hookset.  I recently went through this process and recieved my new rod back in two weeks.  The xpeditor service is generally faster, but you may want to call them to see if your specific model is in stock.  They're backed up right now due to some factory retooling, etc.  Good luck!

Call the guys at American Legacy in Evansville Indiana 1-877-402-6350 and they will fix you up too, they are much faster than Loomis. Great guys to do business with they are certified by G Loomis and carry every rod that they manufacture.

Thanks again for all the info and help! It's nice to have a community to lean on when in need!

I have to say GLoomis has the best warranty service.  Back in 2005 I broke one of my favorite rods - one of the Original GLX Flippin Sticks.  Back when I bought it in 2000 or so I paid like $500 for it.  They replaced it, and gave me full replacement value.  I was surprised in all honestly that they would do that.  

Their rods may be ugly (compared to JDM) but their warranty policy speaks for itself.