Sign in to follow this  
RushFan2112

Spinning Rod Around $100 - Shimano Compre or St. Croix Premier?

Just curious about your thoughts on the two rods. Please explain your reason for choosing one or the other. I have it narrowed down to these two at this point. I like them both for different reasons, but am curious as to what YOU think based on personal experience. I live in walking distance from BPS, so I'll be purchasing there. Both rods in stock now and I'm ready to buy. Thanks in advance!

That's a tough one. I've got both and fish both.

From a warranty standpoint it's Shimano without a doubt. They're about equal in sensitivity. Components goes to Shimano since they're all Fuji. Boils down to does the Premier come in the action / length combination you want since their selection is a bit limited compared to the Compre.

BTW, I'm on the fence enough I didn't vote.... 8-)

Can't speak on the Compre but I havn't had to use anything else but the 2 premier spinning rods I've had for 15 years. Never had a problem with a guide / insert, reel seat nothing. They are both ML fast action and I have used braided line on them without issue as well. Can't go wrong in my opinion and made in the US too!!!!

I would go with the Shimano Compre.  It is very lightweight and is more than sensitive enough with the blank-thru foregrip.

In this price range, I would definitely go with Shimano.

Roger

Very interesting indeed.  The poll is at an exact 50% split.  I went to BPS after work today and really handled the two rods side by side.  I'm leaning towards the Compre for a couple of reasons.  First, the warranty.  Second, the overall feel and balance of the rod......the Fuji guides are also nice.  I appreciate the feedback from all.  

I have used both extensively in last say 4 years, sold off all the Premier's and have 4 Compre's....by far the better and lighter/better quality choice IMHO..

Enjoy whatever you pick!

Very interesting indeed. The poll is at an exact 50% split. I went to BPS after work today and really handled the two rods side by side. I'm leaning towards the Compre for a couple of reasons. First, the warranty. Second, the overall feel and balance of the rod......the Fuji guides are also nice. I appreciate the feedback from all.

That Does It...you are now blackballed from the Shimano Posse!! ;D