Sign in to follow this  
80pruf

Best jig rod between Daiwa zillion and kistler

I am going to buy a new jig rod and I have narrowed it down...somewhat.  I want either a Daiwa Zillion 7'6 heavy or one of Kistlers Jig rods.  I don't want to spend the money that it costs for a kistler helium II so I am looking at the other heliums.  Any info would be helpful.  (I would love to have a loomis glx jig rod but my wallet just cant stand it.)

i like the kistlers but have had problems with the guides... im not sure y but i have had guides break on two different occasions.. i personally like a carrot stik... they are super light and only run $150 .. and although many people knock the guides i have had no problems. even with braid

A Helium LTA is quite nice.

I've only handled the Zillion rods, but they aren't bad feeling or looking.  Almost bought one last week.

If those were my only choices i would say the Kistler Helium. But i would prefer my Powell 766H for jigs!!!

Kistler Helium would be a good jig rod but you're not going to go wrong with either choice you make.  I am going to get a new Zillion rod pretty soon for shallow cranks and see how much I like it.  I've heard nothing but good things on the Zillions.  

I have owned everything in the Kistler line from the Graphite's to the LTX's.  No complaints thus far with warranty or any other issues on the rods I own.  The only complaint I have now with Kistler is the way the newer rods, particularly in the Helium line, have differing handles.  I like consistency from one rod to the next.  If this is the way Trey Kistler continues to run things in his company without seemingly caring about the differing handles, he may just have one less fan in the future.  I hope they soon see the error of their ways.

I have 2 Kistler Helium LTA 7.5FT H/F that I use for jigs. Awesome rods!!! Have never even heald a Zillion or any other Diawa rod for that matter so I can't help you there...

ive only played with the helium in the store. seemed nice but ill stick with my zillion. cant go wrong with either as its all personal opinion. glx is great but right now my pockets arent deep enough. lets see how the economy looks next spring.

After looking at both rods I made the decision to go with the Zillion flippin' stick.  That with a Team Daiwa-X 100 and some braid...yesterday on the river was a blast to say the least!  I couldn't be happier with my purchase and I would suggest that rod to anyone!

In my experience, the Daiwa Zillion blows the doors off a Kistler LTA

and is even superior to the LTX Helium ll. The rod in my lap is an LTX Helium ll (in my avatar)

Roger