Sign in to follow this  
tallydude

Sportman's Warehouse- we hardly knew ya

I drove down to the Sportman's Warehouse in Tallahassee today to find that they are having a store closing sale- just a few weeks before their one year anniversary.

Almost everything was 10-30% off, how long should I wait until the prices get REALLY low?

Guest beowulfx71

Dont wait, the one near me closed too and its sale only lasted a few days before all the good stuff was gone and their prices were better than Bass Pro to start with.

Keep checking back...No telling.Start saving money to go back and start stocking up.

Ours closed as well....wasn't even open a full year. I almost  :'( for real when i made the trip over there early this year only to find a brand new empty warehouse with "for sale" sign on.I completely missed out.

Ours closed too and was replaced by a store called Warehouse Sports or something like that.

I would call to see when is their final day. Why? Because a common trait in these going out of business sales is to remark their prices if they were lower than MSRP to the MSRP price and give a discount which percentage would bring the price back down to their original price. It's a slick trick that fool many an angler but you can't fool a amateur mathematician like me who can see the trick a mile away.  ;D

If you are looking for something in particular, buy it now.

Then check back weekly for better prices. Most of the lures,

especially the higher priced names, you can wait on. The

soft plastics vary, but when GYCB hit 50% off, they were all

gone!

8-)

I went back in today (twice actually) and found paydirt. I walked out with a Curado 201E7 for $134.99 (plus tax) as well as some other accessories that were on sale. Everything is now 20-40% off and it is clearing out fast!

it took the one here in indiana about 3 weeks before there was 70% off   at that point it was mostly  clothes    guns never got more than 30% off.  they evan sold the fixtures in the store.  like they said name brand  lures about a week there gone

I just found out today that our location here in Lexington KY is calling it quits. Ours lasted two years.

I made out pretty well. All hardbaits were 30% off and I grabbed an Abu SX lefty for 130 bucks! Can't beat that w/ a stick. Most of the right retrieves were cleaned out, but plenty of lefty casters to choose from.

I hate to see 'em go, mainly because the closest Bass Pro is full hour and a half away in Cincinnati. I do order internet mainly, but this place was always good if you needed something fast for that quick un-planned half day on the lake. And it kept a few of our younger central KY boys employed w/ enough part-time retail income to keep some gas in the boat.

Bye Bye Sportsman's Warehouse. You will be missed, even if the wife isn't exactly crushed by the news.