Sign in to follow this  
RobbyZ5001

Loomis Rod suggestion

I am looking for a loomis rod suggestion to handle t-rigs and jigs. I want something with a overall good feel and sensitivity. The rod needs to be available on TW as well. If you could give two possible suggestions on two different price points that would be the best (ie. IMX/GLX). Thanks.

BCR854- this is the worm/jig series and is an awesome rod.

GLX         7'1"  line=14 - 20   lure=5/16 - 3/4  action=Fast  power=Heavy  

price= $395.00

The IMX MBR844C is a fine rod at a reasonable price. This is what

I would consider the best all-around value.

The GLX BCR854 is an excellent rod. Pricey, but worth the money.

I have both in the GLX version. Although both rods can be used

for jigs or soft plastics, my MBR is dedicated to weighted soft

plastics and the BCR854 to jigs.

8-)

How much does the GLX 854 go for on the flea market or ebay?

I have recently bought a MBR (GLX), BCR (GLX) and

a PR844C (GLX) for around $250 each, delivered. All

three were purchased from members on our Flea

Market.

8-)

Listen to these guys, Lord know I do.

I did have the opportunity to fish an IMX 783 and a BCR803 GLX for a weekend last month.

IMHO, both are great and the IMX is the best all around bang for the buck...BUT that 803 GLX was like nothing I have EVER fished. It was so sensitive...wicked really. 2 TOTALLY different rods, but for plastics? That 803 GLX was just absolutely ridiculous. To quote another member "it's one of the all time greats." It's quick, crisp and requires not much effort to use. It's extra fast though so I slowed down certain aspects to compensate on moving lures. It could "do it all" I guess but the taper limits it. It is a spectacular rod though, so much so I'm getting one as my main casting rod even if I have to buy another rod to fill a gap when I can afford it.

I have the Bronzeback GLX rod so I figure I can overlap that and the BCR.

BCR 854. Just got mine delivered today and it feels SWEET! $225 shipped makes it even SWEETER. Searching bass forums for a month finally paid off.

I am looking for a loomis rod suggestion to handle t-rigs and jigs. I want something with a overall good feel and sensitivity. The rod needs to be available on TW as well. If you could give two possible suggestions on two different price points that would be the best (ie. IMX/GLX). Thanks.

In order to give the best reccomendation, it would be great to know if you toss 1/4 oz. jigs and light t-rigs most of the time, or if you're looking to throw 10" worms on 1/2 oz. weights or 1 oz. football jigs.  There are different rods in the BCR series - which I'd reccomend for jigs/worm fishing - that will do all of the above...

I made an error in my first post.  I have the BCR853, not the 854. I'm in the process of ordering the BCR852 for lighter applications.

These rods are pricey and you might only be able to buy 1 or 2 once a year or so. But remember this, these rods are a lifetime purchase.  If ANYTHING ever happens to your rod, you get a brand new one for only $50.

I still have my first Loomis rod that I got over 20 years ago and I still use it.  Yea, it shows the wear but works just as good the day I got it. I could easily snap the tip and get a new one for 50 bucks but that would be wrong to do, plus I'm paranoid about bad karma. Not a bad investment though.

I made an error in my first post. I have the BCR853, not the 854. I'm in the process of ordering the BCR852 for lighter applications.

These rods are pricey and you might only be able to buy 1 or 2 once a year or so. But remember this, these rods are a lifetime purchase. If ANYTHING ever happens to your rod, you get a brand new one for only $50.

I still have my first Loomis rod that I got over 20 years ago and I still use it. Yea, it shows the wear but works just as good the day I got it. I could easily snap the tip and get a new one for 50 bucks but that would be wrong to do, plus I'm paranoid about bad karma. Not a bad investment though.

You are going to love that BCR852 it is by far my favorite rod that I have.

Get the GLX ! even if you can only purchase 1 rod, its worth it.

It will make your fishing more enjoyable.

I fish with several people that have the IMX and Loomis rods other than the GLX and I hear them say over and over theres not that much difference in the GLX. Then I had them one of my GLX rods and they fish with it for a few minutes and guess what, they don't want to give it back.

I buying a 3rd GLX this month as soon as I decide on a which reel, probably another Core 50.  Sweetest combo on the planet.