Sign in to follow this  
nitro929

left or right handed

what hand do you cast with  i am right handed so i cast with my right hand and reel with my left , why do i see many guys cast with the right hand switch hands to hold rod to reel with there right hand   ai always thought a wasted more  going from one hand to the other

I cast righty and reel with either.  I like left hand reels for walkin the dog, tried it lefty and just felt like one of jerry's kids.  I like to have both just in case one wrist gets tired.

I'm a righty.  I only have spinning gear and I cast with my right and reel with my left.

I just bought my 5 year old a Barbie fishing pole with a closed-face reel (I don't know what they're called).  I was trying to teach her how to cast it and it was driving me nuts to have to switch hands to reel because the handle is on the "wrong" side, lol.

what hand do you cast with i am right handed so i cast with my right hand and reel with my left , why do i see many guys cast with the right hand switch hands to hold rod to reel with there right hand ai always thought a wasted more going from one hand to the other

im left handed but with spinners i cast with righ treel with left on baitcasters opposite

I consider myself Ambidexterous. I played tournament paintball for awhile and one of the major skills was to aim and shoot (And stay tight) as possible with both hands. So I learned to gain control in both.

So both.

I am as left handed as the day is long.  So naturally, I cast & reel with my right hand.

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

This comes up a lot - here's a recent thread on it:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1248871014

** MODERATOR NOTE **

We can do this every month, everyone seems to enjoy the

discussion. However, the thread highlighted above isn't a

week old, so let's move on for now.

Goodnight Irene.

-Kent a.k.a. roadwarrior

Global Moderator