Sign in to follow this  
JohnMac

Best line for soft plastic fishing...?

Im looking for the best overall line. not the best line for the money. The line needs to be durable and extremely sensative. The line for would be for fishing senkos, trick worms, and flukes.

Here 's a list of which lines I use for fishing those:

Trilene XL

Trilene Big Game

Trilene XT

Youzuri Hybrid

P-line CXX

All of them perform brilliantly, which one will I fish with depends a lot upon cover ( type & density ).

the cover is mainly underwater weeds and rocks

Scratch Trilene XL from the list.

WOW,

Anyway you need to be using 100% trilene Flourocarbon. and if you dont wanna spend that money then go witha co-polymer like P-Line CXX.and i would throw 8-12 depending on how much cover and how big the bass might be. Hope this helps

WOW,

Anyway you need to be using 100% trilene Flourocarbon. and if you dont wanna spend that money then go witha co-polymer like P-Line CXX.and i would throw 8-12 depending on how much cover and how big the bass might be. Hope this helps

Or how well rooted them mesquite trees and huizache brush is.  ;)

Pline flouroclear

Since cost is not a factor, how about Gamma CoPoly.  6# for finesse, 12# for where more strength is needed.  10# works well (for me) on both spinning and BC gear.

You want the best line? FC Sniper shooter by sunline... freakin expensive in the states thats why i don't fish it... but it's only 20 bucks a filler spool in Korea ... Cant wait!!!!

Spinning gear: Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Hybrid Ultra Soft #6 (.010" diameter, 11.9 lb breaking strength).

Baitcasting: Hybrid #12 (.013" diameter, 19.5 lb breaking strength).

8-)

I fished yo zuri line on my baitcasting setup and spinning set up at the beggining of the season. The line was came highly recomended by most people on this site. At first the line fished very well however after about a month of fishing the line broke off very easilyand i lost many hooks and senkos as well as a lc pointer. I wont ever fish yo zuri again. People say the line must have been frayed however i take great care of my line, check and condition it and the pieces that snaped off seem to be just as good as new.

I fished yo zuri line on my baitcasting setup and spinning set up at the beggining of the season. The line was came highly recomended by most people on this site. At first the line fished very well however after about a month of fishing the line broke off very easilyand i lost many hooks and senkos as well as a lc pointer. I wont ever fish yo zuri again. People say the line must have been frayed however i take great care of my line, check and condition it and the pieces that snaped off seem to be just as good as new.

Jmac and I fish together and we used different spools of yo zuri bought at different locations. And I had the exact same problems. The line even broke further in the spool so when you went to cast it the lure and some of the line just went flying. From my experiences this line wasn't very good. That's just my opinion

Yo zuri is good stuff, I would suspect you had a something out of the norm happen.  I wouldn't write the entire line off. Give it another shot, to many people here with positive feedback to shrug off a single bad experience.

Used 15 lb. YoZuri last week and it was fine, except for lack of better term, Wind Knots. I was roll casting and the line would end up in a knot. I have never experience this except for braid.

I use mainly Yo Zuri Hybrid and P-Line CXX. But after using Sunline Sniper on my dropshot rig, I will be switching a couple of my reels over to Sunline. Never had problems with regular Hybrid but almost lost a RC crank with Ultra Soft.

I use mainly Yo Zuri Hybrid and P-Line CXX. But after using Sunline Sniper on my dropshot rig, I will be switching a couple of my reels over to Sunline. Never had problems with regular Hybrid but almost lost a RC crank with Ultra Soft.

yeah sniipuh... (in a gangster rap voice)..lol sorry  :-[

If you want fluorocarbon buy the brand that works best for you. If you want to half *** it, or spool a catfish rig go for the yo zuri or pline.