Sign in to follow this  
ww2farmer

Fenwick Fans

Incase no one noticed, check out Cabelas web site, Fenwick re-designed the entry level Eagle GT, and there mid range offerings, the HMX and HMG. Nothing too "sexy" or cutting edge. But if they are any thing like the rods the are replacing they will be excellant performing rods at great prices. I like my Fenwicks as much as the St Croix's I own.

This was posted 2 days ago, no one seemed interested :-/

I am interested. I have a Fenwick HMG and love it, and I can't wait to see how people like the new HMG's. With a few upgrades and a $10 decrease in price, it almost seems too good to be true.

The new HMGs look really nice.  I'm not sure of the "24 ton graphite" thing is good or bad, or better or worse than the old HMG.  The old HMG was a great rod.  I'm going to buy one more 6'6" MH/F for a new Daiwa Sol I bought.  

I plan on picking myself up an old 7' MH moderate/fast HMG for throwing medium to large cranks if they go on sale, which I hope they do soon  ::(

The 7' MH is a fast rod.  The 7' M is a medium fast rod.  The 7" M is rated up to 1 oz lures.  It's a excellent rod for moderate sized crank baits.  

I believe you are thinking of the MH. I just checked the Fenwick website and both are listed as having a moderate/fast tip and the 7' MH is rated up to 1 oz.

The 7' MH has a fast action.  The 7' M has a medium fast action.  That's how the site lists them and that's how they feel.

The 6'6" MH has a fast action.  The 6'6" M has a medium fast action.  The site has the actions listed as medium fast and fast respectively, but that's wrong.  The MH has a fast action, the M has a medium fast action.  

Hey Micro, I love my HMG that you gave me great advice on. They go for $110 CAD right now, should I wait for the new one or pick up another one? I can't get both.

I heard they use ACS reel seats for the new model and I'm not that interested in those, but decreased of $10. Should the overall product be better than this years? Do they ever remake rods and decrease performance?

The last time they Upgraded the HMG and The HMX line were "improved" to different levels

I felt the HMX pretty much stayed the same, and the HMG was much better.

I would try and feel and inspect a new one, and if you don't see value in the upgrade, I would watch ffo and Amazon for a deeply discounted older version.

Micro,

I just realized where the confusiong is coming from. I am talking about the HMG spinning series and I believe you are referring to the triggerstik series. Sorry for not mentioning that in my origional post.

In response to Muddy's post, I love my older version HMG and will be looking for the discount for my next, a 7' MH moderate/fast spinnning rod  :(