Sign in to follow this  
Rand

Steez Eyelelt Fell Off

I was fishing last Saturday night when the first eyelet from the tip fell off. Seems to have been a really clean break. Is this something that Daiwa warranty would cover? I am not the original owner. So I kind of doubt it.

Thanks guys

Rand

If the guide fell off and the rod didn't break.

Contact Daiwa for warranty info on the rod.

If not then you will have to find a local tackle shop or rod builder that has the ability to do guide re-wrapping.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!

If you arent the original owner you probably wont get Daiwa to honor the warranty.

Get it repaired.

After further inspection it appears that the eyelet simply fell out of the wrap. Looks like I can just slide it back in. Its completely intact. Can I glue it?

Rand

After further inspection it appears that the eyelet simply fell out of the wrap. Looks like I can just slide it back in. Its completely intact. Can I glue it?

Rand

Yes you can.  I have done this more than a few times.  I use devcon 2 ton epoxy.  I'm sure rod builders will frown on this, but it is effective.  With devcon....that guide isn't going anywhere.

I'd call Daiwa for the hell of it and see what they say.

I have a older Daiwa Fuego that I am not the original owner of. I sent it in because of issues with the spool, they cleaned the reel, replaced the spool and bearings, all free of charge and didn't ask me to cover shipping at all. Daiwa has been great to me with customer service. I paid $6 shipping one way and got basically a brand new reel in return.

I agree with Brokeju I would contact Daiwa®, but sending a rod up to 7' isn't as cheap as sending a 1lb box with a reel in it. That's why I recommended a local rod repair/tackle shop.

I don't agree with the natural, but that isn't to say that wouldn't work (it's mickey moused). It just won't help the rod any.

Most epoxies that are not made for rod building don't flex or change shape like the rod blank does as it loads and unloads (especialy in the tip section), reason for having to use a quality rod finish for guide/wraps and rod epoxy for glue ups.

Again just an old pro builders .02¢

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!