Sign in to follow this  
Bassin for Walleye

Fireline Crystal

Just got the fireline crystal and all I can say is wow. I haven't been able to test it in the water as far as strength but I put it in our pool and was having trouble seeing the line. I had my doubts but I am impressed.

Give me spiderwire invisibraid any day. Fireline is flat,the spiderwire is very round,very castable,and doesn't dig into itself. My opinion is based on the fact that I am using spinning reels though

I never tried the crystal, but I also had problems with fireline digging on a spinning reel. I will have to give the spider wire a go.

Jim

I never tried the crystal, but I also had problems with fireline digging on a spinning reel. I will have to give the spider wire a go.

Jim

You will fricken love it :)  It will however leave a gaping hole in your wallet :)

[movedhere] Fishing Tackle [move by] five.bass.limit.

My experience with the Crystal was a bad one! It was about the worse line i ever tried! The main problem, besides digging was strength. It would snap on hook sets sometimes just fishing light grass cover! The new FireLine Braid however is amazing!

Got me some and it looks white.  Have not checked it out in water to see how much it disappears.  I bought the 10lb test which is like 2 or 4 lb diameter so it should disappear.  Hopefully it is strong.

Got me some and it looks white. Have not checked it out in water to see how much it disappears. I bought the 10lb test which is like 2 or 4 lb diameter so it should disappear. Hopefully it is strong.

I have some spooled on a BPS Viper reel and it depends on the water you are fishing in regards to how visible it is at least with my experience. In clear water I would see bluegill nipping at the line and following the lure in and it was very visible. Stained or murky water I'm sure its not as visible.

The best fishing lines are the most visible fishing lines,

because bass follow the line to home-in on the lure ;D

Roger