Sign in to follow this  
The Rooster

Citica D's still around

I'm seeing there's a lot of Shimano Citica D's still around for sale in the local Walmart stores, several in my area have them.  Also some tackle shops still do as well.

Now that the new ones have been around for a whole year, are these old D's just basically a white elephant??  I can't see them selling unless someone just liked them so much they wanted more.  They're still asking $119.99 for them!!!!  Now if they were to go on clearance.........well then :D

They are selling them for $120?!?! That's stupid. I'll bet they will stay on those shelves for a while.

I guess those reels were solid built.  My brother in law has 7 of the Curado D's and he loves them.  I'd like to have a couple of them but not at full price.  They'd have to go on clearance for me to get interested.

Funny you mention; I saw Citica D's for $120 at my local walmart, and figured they missed the markdown....this has happened before.  I had the guy take it out of the case and scan it, only for it to come up $120.  I was shocked.   Full price for an entirely outdated reel.  

Shoot, I bought my last Curado D brand new from a tackle shop for under $100.  

Citica Ds are good reels.  I have a few but if they are selling them for the same price as an E, who is going to buy them?  I would think that they will eventually have to come down in price, but maybe they are picking off enough buyers who are new to the sport or uninformed to keep the price the same for awhile.  (A long while.   :D)