Sign in to follow this  
zbigbadaaron

Are these available at most Cabelas?

the cabelas in reno has a very small selection of rods, even their house-brand rods. you can always order it online and have it shipped to the store for free though to ensure the one you're looking for is there.

At my nearby Cabela's they carry Gloomis IMX, not many, but a few. Not sure on the Core.

I guess the rod selection depends on the area cause the one I regularly go to in Hammond, IN has a large selection of rods but the one here in Hoffman Estates, IL had a very small selection of rods.

I think it depends on the store.  In the Rogers, MN store they do have the Core on display in a glass case.  I have not looked for the rods so I can't answer that part of the question.

Even though I have a store near me, I normally order my stuff online and have it delivered to the store for pick-up.  If you know what you want that works great, not so well if you have to touch and feel it.

Eric

Both Cabelas and BPS have the Core in stock and a big selection of Loomis IMX & GLX here in the stores in Dallas,TX.

It largely depends on the store itself.

For example, let 's say of the BPS stores I 've been to:

Grapevine ( Dallas/Ft worth ), they had in practical terms lots of the most common GLoomis rods.

Katy ( Houston ), idem to Grapevine.

San Antonio, almost like the other two.

Springfield, it had all the models of GLoomis BPS has for sale, if they have it in the catalog they pretty much have it in the store.

St Charles ( St.Louis ), little BPS store, few GLoomis rods and few models, only the most common ones.

Cabela 's is pretty much the same as BPS. Also, sometimes the store is out of stock and you 'll have to make another trip in the future.

Raul, the other BPS store in Dallas (Garland) has a better selection. The Garland store is on the lake.  Have you checked out the Austin,TX Cabelas?

We have it good in Dallas/Ft Worth,TX - 2 BPS and 1 Cabelas.

Haven 't been to the one in Garland only been to the one in Grapevine.

Are G-loomis IMX and Shimano Core available at most Cabelas stores?

I notice you are from Wisconsin. If you are near the Cabelas in Richfield their supply of Loomis Rods are limited. The seem to cater more to Walleye fisherman versus Bass fisherman.