Sign in to follow this  
YeahSure

Daiwa Fuego

I saw that this reel is almost half off its original price right now, is this one of those "too good to pass up" deals? What applications would this reel excel at?

yes and everything.

It's a 6.3:1 speed reel.  It handles baits from 1/4oz on up very well.  It's a great, light, all-around reel.

yes and everything.

Nailed it....if I needed another reel, the fuego at the current price is too good to pass up.  But I need another reel like a hole in the head.

Im kind of on a budget so im trying to get the correct reels for my couple set ups I plan on having, is the 6:3:1  going to be as good for say a Jig rod or

Topwater rod as a 7:1 reel would be? What is ideal? Thanks for all the input though its much appreciated

Im kind of on a budget so im trying to get the correct reels for my couple set ups I plan on having, is the 6:3:1 going to be as good for say a Jig rod or

Topwater rod as a 7:1 reel would be? What is ideal? Thanks for all the input though its much appreciated

Yes, you need to get one. It's an awesome deal.

It is very good stock, and can be easily up-graded.  It is a steal at the current TW price.

The Fuego at 6.3:1 has a 28 inch per turn (IPT) retrieval rate. That is fast enough to do everything you want it to do IMHO. 8-)

Ideal speed is hard to answer, because it is very subjective. I think 26 IPT is just about right for me, but I like 30 for a Crig or very heavy cover. Lower 20's would be better for deepcranks. Just my .02 Good luck.  ;)

I picked one up from TW, and I just ordered another. I'm a nebie, but to me this is a very nice reel. I'm just beginning with a baitcaster, and I can cast this reel quite well.

I'm impressed  8-)

I just ordered one yesterday from tackle warehouse 131.99

no tax & free shipping. ONLY 2 DAY'S left 12-31-09 then the sale is off. I am new to baitcasting but this sounded like a great deal