Sign in to follow this  
midnighthrasher

Sufix Mono elite or siege

Getting a really good deal on some mono.... just need to figure out if i use elite or siege. It will be for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits and my other rod will be for trebles?

I have used and like both. To present a crude analogy, although the are roughly the same diameter, picture this.

Elite is to Trilene XL as Siege is to Trilene XT. Granted it's a rough translation, but I think you'd still get the picture.

I got the impression that siege was a bit more abrasion resistant than elite.

For the applications you mention, I'd choose siege. Both are among the best monos I have ever used. I think you will also be impressed at how it resists memory much better than any mono I have ever tried to date.

I have used and like both. To present a crude analogy, although the are roughly the same diameter, picture this.

Elite is to Trilene XL as Siege is to Trilene XT. Granted it's a rough translation, but I think you'd still get the picture.

I agree but the diameter is a size smaller different on the sufix seige compared to the XT...  I use #14 & #17 XT a lot but use the #17 & #20 in the suffix for same applications.  It's clearer than XT and has less memory.  Maybe not quite as tough but it beats most other monos I have tried. and it's what I use in place of XT in cold weather since XT is so bad in freezing temps.

I've used both but I give Siege the nod! Its the only mono brand I have spooled up right now on my bass gear. Not sure why since Elite is supposed to like XL and Siege like XT but I think Siege has less memory than the Elite.

havnt used elite but i have 6lb siege on my spinning rig and i see no reason to try elite. i like it much better than the XL ive been using.

Just the thread I was looking for, I knew elite was good stuff but didnt know siege was pretty good as well. I like an abrasion resistant line so looks like I'll go with siege on my cranking rod

I have used both, cant go wrong with either one. The only mono I use is the Elite, just because its what i have confidence in and I have never had a problem with it.