Sign in to follow this  
Nitro 882

Knot or not

I just read an article where the pro was touting flourocarbon line for a certain application and recommended a "double improved clinch knot" to tie on lures.

I've always heard the best knot for flouro was the "palomar knot".

What do you guys say?

I think the Palomar is best for most lines. I tie a Trilene knot on mono though. It's even stronger than the Palomar.

I think a palomar is the worst knot for floro in my experience.  I always tie a uni-knot with my floro.

Though I've heard a couple pros say the double improved clinch is the one to use.  I've used it to with no issues.  I use the uni just cause I can tie it quicker and think works as well as any.  IMHO.

I dunno..I use a palomar for 4 & 12 lb fluro..so far...so good. You could try a double palomar.. :)

i use the improved clinch for floro , mono , copoly , and braid . with no problems  :)

Proper lubrication of any knot is crucial for knot strength. If it's not 100% smooth when pulling it tight, it will fail even if it looks good externally. That's why the Good Lord gave you plenty of spit.....

The problem with a Palomar knot with flurocarbon is the one tying it. You have to be careful and not have the double line in the eye crossing itself.

The strongest knot for all line types in the "Knot Wars" series is the double line uni-knot, AKA the No-name Knot.