Sign in to follow this  
santacruz

Berkley Iron silk

Was wondering if anyone has used Berkley iron silk?My buddy gave me a spool cause he didnt like it.But i love it goes on spool well cast great,but he said he read reviews where people say it breaks easy on hook sets.Was aslo wondering if any1 else has heard this?

I tried it once and that was all it took for me. Never finished the spool. HORRIBLE memory issues! One of the worst lines I ever used. Do yourself a favor and get rid of it!

I've fished a couple spools. The first one I was very happy with but the second was very stiff and broke with a quick jerk. Wouldn't use it again.

I'm not sure I'd even trust it as backing ;D

Seriously, I think it's absolutely terrible line.  I used it just long enough to realize how bad it really was.

I'm not sure I'd even trust it as backing ;D

Seriously, I think it's absolutely terrible line. I used it just long enough to realize how bad it really was.

x2. This is exactly what happened with me. It was the only line I ever used that caused a birds nest on spinning gear.

I guess I'm one of the few guys who is sorry that Iron Silk has been discontinued.  I only used the 14 and 17 pound test.  I thought the 17 pound test was the best spinnerbait line I've ever used.  I found it to be very abrasion resistant.  On further review there were some line memory issues but a couple of shots of line magic and then it worked retty good for the rest of the day.