Sign in to follow this  
flipnpitch

Shimano Compre rods...

Bought a couple of Compre rods off of a buddy of mine. Both casting, one is 6'6", med. power, med fast action and the other is 6'10", med/heavy power, extra fast action. Gave $50.00 a piece. Wondering if anybody has used the Compres and what they thought of them.

Thanx for any input. :)

To sum it up in one word, AWESOME. @ $50 a piece, you ought to be guilty of either a steal of a deal or highway robbery. :) ;D

Congrats. They are an excellent line of rods. I don't have those particular models but given how mine treats me, you're in good hands.

To sum it up in one word, AWESOME. @ $50 a piece, you ought to be guilty of either a steal of a deal or highway robbery. :) ;D

Congrats. They are an excellent line of rods. I don't have those particular models but given how mine treats me, you're in good hands.

What he said

The best part is the warranty. I bought 4 rods for $100.00 (3 compres & one other shimano rod) One of the Compre's had a broken tip. Bass pro handed me a new one off the rack no questions asked. Lifetime warranty is hard to beat especially at the Compre price point. I have some more expensive rods, but none are a better value than the Compre.

i would like to second the warranty comment. it is great, especially at this price point. i think after the compres mojos with their 5 year warranty are the closest ones. not to mention they are quite sensitive and lightweight

Compres are awesome. Sounds like you got a crankbait rod there with that medium/medium fast. If the model is cpcc66mb then that's what it is. And the other one is a short flippin/pitchin rod. This was told to me by Bantam1 who used to post on this board and works for Shimano. Model number cpcx610mhb if that's it. I always thought that one would make an excellent spinnerbait rod also.

I love the Compres I have, no question this is easily the best value in fishing for the money it costs compared to what you get in return.  Very light weight and sensitive.

what a great bargin!!!

the rods you just got will ruin you forever one getting others at higher prices. you will now have to "talk yourself into" a crucial.

congrats!

id use that 6'10 for t-rigs and jigs... but thats just me. :)