Sign in to follow this  
Kowen117

What rod is duckett using??

I didnt even know he had his own rods are they any good

I just saw that darn I was hoping  he would do great  >;) >:) :'( :'(

The same ones as Kelly Jordan  ;)

from picture five of that set

Boyd Duckett recently started Duckett Fishing, a line of fishing rods tailored to his specifications.

just messin with ya

Somebody should tell DB that ul,l,ml,m,mh,h,xh reffer to power. Action is defined as xf,f mf,m, slow,parabolic (or something like that)

I am getting annoyed by all this confusion between power and action , especially if it's done by a ROD company !!!!!

Rant.Sorry

Somebody should tell DB that ul,l,ml,m,mh,h,xh reffer to power. Action is defined as xf,f mf,m, slow,parabolic (or something like that)

I am getting annoyed by all this confusion between power and action , especially if it's done by a ROD company !!!!!

Rant.Sorry

Agree.

Maybe a bit off subject...but sometimes I feel I'm getting "milked" by all these "technique specific" rods.... I mean don't get me wrong I know the feeling of searching for that rod that will present a go to bait as best as possible...and I too am a multiple rod fisherman...but I have a buddy one 6 ft med action...does everything I do with 3...I may not be considering the fact 90 percent of our fishing is done from shore...but I know back in the day they didn't market rods this way. Yes you may have found a rod you like for this or that but it wasn't purchased because its a "shakey head" rod or "frog" rod.....just seems alot of stuff out here is geared to catch me.....not fish

Maybe a bit off subject...but sometimes I feel I'm getting "milked" by all these "technique specific" rods.... I mean don't get me wrong I know the feeling of searching for that rod that will present a go to bait as best as possible...and I too am a multiple rod fisherman...but I have a buddy one 6 ft med action...does everything I do with 3...I may not be considering the fact 90 percent of our fishing is done from shore...but I know back in the day they didn't market rods this way. Yes you may have found a rod you like for this or that but it wasn't purchased because its a "shakey head" rod or "frog" rod.....just seems alot of stuff out here is geared to catch me.....not fish

You are 100% correct.

Let's say a 66mlf rod is marketed as "dropshot rod". Do you think you could toss some grubs on 1/8oz jigheadt with it ???? Or a slider head with a 4" finess worm ??? Or 3" senco ? Or a 6" worm weightless or splitshoted? Or,...... :;)

I agree Ive used all kinds of different tech "specific rods" for all kinds of stuff what a marketing tool huh,  of course Oh Boyd is a business man he is all about the dollar, it is what makes the world go around but I think Abu is fixing to steal his thunder with the "white stik" deal specially if they can keep it under $100 bucks made by the same company in China that makes all the rest of them rods we love so much got to love the tackle monkey. ;)

@jerkw

i'd agree with you 100%...I only fish with one rod, because that's all i can afford as a student.  I do all my fishing from shore lines and I do more walking than fishing on most days.  I had to purchase a little speed bag for worms because i get tired of carrying my tackle bag through woods and long distances.  Its hard to buy a $220 rod and use it for only one specific technique.