Sign in to follow this  
CRANKSTER

Is it worth it?

Well I'm making a trip to academy later to get another reel.  I have been using a shimano citica 200e.  I'm thinking about maybe getting a Curado 200e7 this time.  My question is, is it really worth the extra $60 over the citica?  I've tried to compare the reels online and can't really find much other than the shimano comparison on the site.  So if any of you have used both, is it really worth the extra cash?  Thanks in advance.

I love mine. ;)

Look around a little harder...they can be had for $145 shipped brand new online.You can find them on Ebay for $150 pretty easily.

I think so. I've had the CiticaE for a while now and just got 2 Curados not too long ago and used them for the past 3 days and they cast better and are quite a bit smoother. Go to ohya.com and login as:customer

password: preferred

And you can get a Curado for only 140 shipped.

Thats a pretty sweet deal.  They are $179 in person at the store all day long.

I really don't buy the "Curado is smoother than the Citica" statement. I took all my reels down to the frame, degreased, and re-lubed. The Citica and Curado feel to the exact same on the retrieve.  There is a difference between the Chronarch D7 and the Curado E7 however.

The Citica does not throw lighter, under 3/8 oz, as well as the Curado. That does not mean it can't throw these baits; just that the Curado is better.

If you are going to throw plastics, topwater, jigs, jerkbaits, frogs, etc. then I would get the Curado based on the greater IPT. The Citica will work for all these as well, but I prefer to throw crankbaits on it.

Of course, this is just all my opinion, but isn't that what message boards are?  ;D

Just as the Chronarch is smoother than the Curado.. ;)

Maybe I just got a bad Citica, but my Curado IS smoother.

Maybe I just got a bad Citica, but my Curado IS smoother.

x2

I had both at one time. The Citica is long gone yet the Curado remains.  ;)

Good choice. 

I wasn't trying to argue your point at all about the smoothness. Everyone seems to have a similar opinion. I just want to let the OP know my experience.

The only difference I can see is the Curado has a crankshaft bearing and the Citica has a bushing. Out of the box there was a difference, but once I soaked them and added some oil there wasn't much that I could tell. I will say that the handle seems to have a little more play in the Citica vs the Curado.

Both great reels at their price range. You will love the Curado. Now all you need to do is PM Roadwarrior for what line to spool up.  ;)

Hmmm... didn't think about line.  I'll do that now.  Thanks again.

I'm sure you will be happy with the Curados.

Yo-Zuri Hybrid #12 is my choice for line, too!

Good luck!

8-)