Sign in to follow this  
CRANKSTER

Rod for Curado E7

Well I mounted one of my new Curado's on my 6'6 MH/F allstar platinum rod.  I'm now in need for a rod for my other Curado.  I was wandering which rod can I get that will match up good with the Curado.  I'm looking for something to use mainly as an all purpose rod and in the $100-$150 range.  Thanks.

Dobyns 703 or 704 Savvy Series. I have a ton of the higher end Dobyns rods, but just got a Savvy last month. I was blown away at how good it felt. Balances well and feels like a $250 rod.

The Currado e7 feels great on my Cumara. Gotta match the brand names man!  ;D ;)

I vote Dobyns Savvy as well. It feels as balanced and light weight as my Champion Extremes. Awesome rod and plenty sensitive and it's right in your price range.

My curados are on a 705 Powell, 766 Powell, and a 703 savvy.  I like curados on the powells because the colors match but they feel really good on the savvy as well.

I put Curado E7 on Crucial 6'6" M in last season.  Loved it.  Bought 7' M Curama Reaction in last November.  Waiting for the spring time. ;)

Falcon Cara or St Croix Avid, 6'6" M/F or 7' M/F

Later, ;)

I would definitely go with a 7'MH - A Shimano Crucial would be a great bet in your price range as would a Powell.  Either of these are outstanding rods in that price range.

I would say Crucial rod, the Cumara is a little outside the price range you mentioned.  The Crucial is a fantastic rod so, not to diminsh anything from it.

I would say Crucial rod, the Cumara is a little outside the price range you mentioned. The Crucial is a fantastic rod so, not to diminsh anything from it.

i got my cumara for 159 shipped. ;)