Sign in to follow this  
hmongkidBee

Question regarding reel

hey guys I don't know what happened, but this week we went saltwater fishing and my quantum IRON IR300 reel got messed up or something.  Whenever I click on the cast control button, and after a cast I would turn the handle, but the reel would not reengage.  So a few days ago I took the reel apart and found that the piece responsible for reengaging the reel, a little piece of it got chipped off, so it won't reengage the reel anymore.  Should I just send it to quantum or what can I do?

If you'd like to send it in I'll diagnose the problem and we'll take it from there. http://www.delawarevalleytackle.com/home

PM, call or email any questions.

Mike

You see here's the thing, I love this reel and I was wondering if I sent this reel to Quantum, what would they do to it?  I don't think they carry replacement parts for it right? or do they?

You see here's the thing, I love this reel and I was wondering if I sent this reel to Quantum, what would they do to it? I don't think they carry replacement parts for it right? or do they?
I would recommend that you contact Quantum first.

That reel is a 1996 reel and they may not work them any longer, or carry replacement parts.....

BTW you can get NIB's online for around the $55.00 mark...

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

Delaware Tackle will take care of you for sure...He took care of two of mine that I thought may be beyond help...they done it cheap, and did it in a rush to get it back to me in time for a tournament.

Try him out, you won't be disappointed.