Sign in to follow this  
Incheon Basser

Dobyns Rods?

Has any one heard any bad things about the G2 rods form Dobyns yet? Like anything that happened with the first gen? I just met  a high ranking member of their OEM here in Korea at a tournament here and was thinking of checking out some of their domestic brands... I know TT gave the rods a good review and preview but havn't heard anything in awhile about them.

They are legit, Dobyns lives pretty close to us, and our club is "sort" of unofficially sponsored by them lol.  He is great guy and he knows that his Gen 1 rods were just bad.  He has made it up with his Gen 2 rods. Great rods and good price for the money

Has any one heard any bad things about the G2 rods form Dobyns yet? Like anything that happened with the first gen? I just met a high ranking member of their OEM here in Korea at a tournament here and was thinking of checking out some of their domestic brands... I know TT gave the rods a good review and preview but havn't heard anything in awhile about them.

With any new company there is a high risk for potential problems. Gary openly admitted there was some issues with the G1 rods, and he handled it with class. He fixed every problem, and made the rods far better then ever before. He stands behind his product 100% and their customer service is the best.

I lost count how many I have at this point, but all the newer rods are great.

I have a Dobyns Champion 683C. I don't care

for the split grip, but otherwise, it is well made.

Mine is saddled with a CH50MG which balances

perfectly. So well in fact, the combination creates

the illusion of weightlessness.

If split grip is your thing, you will like these rods

and they will serve you well.

8-)

Some of the best rods out there and the balance is crazy good. Especially on the longer rods I was surprised by the balance of my 784.  8-)

I have a Dobyns Champion 683C. I don't care

for the split grip, but otherwise, it is well made.

Mine is saddled with a CH50MG which balances

perfectly. So well in fact, the combination creates

the illusion of weightlessness.

If split grip is your thing, you will like these rods

and they will serve you well.

8-)

Many Dobyns Rods do not come split grip, or  you have the option between split grip or full grip. So for those of you that don't like a split grip, there are still PLENTY of rods to choose from. If split grips are your thing, you're in luck too. Rods to fit every single want and need.

I'm glad to hear that every one loves the Rods.. I was shocked to find out the OEM also makes all the Orvis Fly rods too along with Dobyns and then their Domestic Bass and fly rods

I'll have to become as good of friends with this rep as i can and maybe i can get a field test gig... I'm fishing this companies tournament in two weeks... 2nd through 7th gets a pair of champion extremes