Sign in to follow this  
RippinLips86

The Gear Monkey Has Struck Again

Nice looking set up. How do you like that custom rod?

Too cool!

I love the rod. Our very own EJTaylor made it for me. Great Price and Quality work. It is long since a virgin but nothing worth bragging yet. Eddie aka Weaver Craft Fishing has made two rods for me and I'm workin on designing a third for my Pflueger once it gets out of the shop.

better pics of the rod.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1251948683/0

Nice looking set up. How do I get in touch with EJtaylor? I might want to get one of those for my wife. ;D

Are Shimanos really all that? I am ready to secede that my quantums are ticking me off. Gear monkey keeps whispering about the Abu Garcia Revo series.

Great lookin rig, but why do you guys insist on having the crank on the wrong side..?   ;D

well us "Wrong siders" like to use the right handed reels but if my memory serves me right if you were left handed you were wrong back in the day.  ;D

will some one get these darn monkeys off my back. So i went to sports authority today cause i had a 25 buck cash card. and i left with a ugly stick and couple packs of worms and new swim bait. do they have a cure for these darn things???

Are Shimanos really all that? I am ready to secede that my quantums are ticking me off. Gear monkey keeps whispering about the Abu Garcia Revo series.

well as mentioned above i have a pflueger summit retail at the time was round 170 to 249 i cant remember. i think i will be using my Curado a lot more than that Pflueger. My pops has the quantum accurist pt he bought a shimano over the quantum so yah ide go with a curado 8-)

i need to start saving up some money in a jar so i can make you people offers on your used quantums.

i love em. *shrug*

nice rig btw. really nice.

I got an email from basspro talking about their 6 pay deal.  I ended up dropping $240 on a Revo S/Carbonlite combo, some hooks and a spool of line. 

the monkey doesn't lie, he knows whats necessary

IMHO....the Revo series is an ABSOLUTE joy to fish with. For what I throw, it can handle all types/weights of tackle that I throw, and handles all species of fish quite well. From LMB to Buffalo that I've caught with them. I have an STX-HS and two Premiers

IMG_0058.jpg