Sign in to follow this  
Carrington

top eyelet cracked

well i was inspecting my loomis cranking rod after i accidently dropped it and noticed that the very end eyelet was cracked, how exactly do i go about repairing that or do i need to send it to get professionaly done?  never have had to repair anything on my rods so i have no clue.

If you are talking about the tip top; it is an easy fix. You can pick up a repair kit at most sporting good stores with the glue and three or four common tip top sizes. Also, most sporting good stores replace em' for a few bucks.

If it is a guide, not quite so easy. It will have to be stripped off, and a new guide installed. That is definitely a professionals job.

If you are talking about the tip top; it is an easy fix. You can pick up a repair kit at most sporting good stores with the glue and three or four common tip top sizes. Also, most sporting good stores replace em' for a few bucks. 

I agree.  Just go easy with the heat when you're getting the old top off.  Seen many rods ruined that way.  Easiest way would go to a tackle shop and you won't have to worry about finding the proper size or having a mismatched tip.

Try to give Loomis a call for a free replacement tip guide.  If it was a cheap/old rod, I'd pick up a replacement kit.  But since it's a quality rod, I'd go rather go OEM.

Call customer service and they will send you

the exact tip top designed for your rod.

8-)

i went to the local shop and the guy said he would replace the tip with a fuji tip for only $3.00 so i think im just going to do that, he couldnt do it today because he didnt have an eyelet small enough to do the rod.