Sign in to follow this  
jj2

line treatments

I used the XPS line saver for awhile, and now i use the KVD and it is much better and softens up the line a ton.

I've never used any of them, but just about everybody says the KVD stuff works wonders.

i never have used them , i just change out my line when it starts to go bad ......

You may want to try getting some pure Silicone spray from Home Depot.  KVD recommended/used it for years prior to him coming out with his line conditioner.

KVD line cond. that is the only one I will use! >;)

You may want to try getting some pure Silicone spray from Home Depot. KVD recommended/used it for years prior to him coming out with his line conditioner.

It's probably safe to say we nailed down the main ingredient.  I wonder how different KVD really is from competitors or from straight silicone?

Regardless, I will be picking some up to give it a shot after all the rave reviews. I've only used Ardent, so I can't really compare it to anything. It works OK. I believe it reduced a few would-be backlashes, or at least made them easier to remove.

All I use is a warm water soak before spooling, works beautifully.  Before using the new line I troll it out behind the boat, removing any coil or twist and giving me a tight spool.  If my line is still good I will remove the spool from my reel and do a warm water soak again, re-trolling the line again as well.

You may want to try getting some pure Silicone spray from Home Depot. KVD recommended/used it for years prior to him coming out with his line conditioner.

It's probably safe to say we nailed down the main ingredient. I wonder how different KVD really is from competitors or from straight silicone?

Nope. KVD Line & Lure does not contain any silicone.

If it wasn't for KVD line conditioner I'm 100% sure i wouldn't be able to cast P-line CXX in 17# test right now.

It really does help.

Nope. KVD Line & Lure does not contain any silicone.

my mistake then.  What is it made of? 

KVD works!!

it keeps my Yo-Zuri ultra soft from coiling...

without... it coils bad... 

6lb on spinning gear  :-/

Line and Lure is a water based polymer and will actually bond to the line. Reel Magic is petroleum based and I don't know about the Ardent. Another good thing abouit L&L is it won't affect your reels and will actually prevent corrosion on them.

KVD helps a lot, not doubt about it ;)

Just finally bought my some KVD line and conditioner and I'm putting my real magic on ebay!! Any takers haha. Nah though I did purchase the KVD and giving that a try.