Sign in to follow this  
Jake P

Jerkbait set up

What is your jerkbait set-up and what else do you like to throw with it and why?

I like the Loomis CR722 casting rod and use the SJR722 spinning rod. Both of these rods are my main topwater rods as well. I sometimes use the spinning rod for weightless worms and the casting rod for smaller spinnerbaits. Hope this helps.

Avid AVC66MF/ Scorpion 1000

The rod is easy to maneuver, the tip is soft.

This is also an outstanding rig for top water,

buzzbaits and spinnerbaits.

8-)

I use a 6'6" shikari custom rod that is medium power, fast action.  I paired it up with a curado E7 for all my topwater, jerkbait, and finesse baits.

I use two set-ups for jerkbaits.  My G Loomis SMR814C-CB with a Revo Premier & 12 lb. Fluoro. handles most of my jerkbaits (Pointer 78 up to Pointer 128).  My G Loomis SMR882S-SP with Pflueger Supreme & 30 lb. Braid handles my soft plastic jerkbaits and lighter hard jerkbaits.  I usually use these both just for jerkbaits, but have fished crankbaits with them and I have another SMR814 (with mono on the reel) that I use for topwater lures.

I have two that I like to throw jerkbaits on, the first is my shallow crank rod, a 6'10"MH carrot stix gold with a Daiwa Sol.  The second is my tube/shakey head rod, a 7'M Daiwa Zillion with an Alphas 103.  The carrot stix has a bit softer tip and allows me to throw smaller, lighter jerkbaits a but further, the Zillion is stiffer and is a bit more sensitive.  It really depends on which I have or isn't in current use as to which I use but both are wonderful.  I recently tried to replace the Carrot Stix with a Loomis CBR843 but I just didn't care for it.

I use a St Croix LTBC66MF and a Revo Premier with P-Line CX 12lbs line.  I also use this to throw light plastics and light jigs/swim jigs.

Later, ;)