Sign in to follow this  
SlickTop

Revo STX Question

I just bought the Revo STX and had a question about the dual braking system.  How do i make adjustments to the "duel" braking system?  I only see one adjustment knob for the brake.  The instruction for adjusting the duel brakes are very poor.

Thanks

yeah, I've been fighting with that one myself. Just bought one too last week. The two adjustments are the brakes on the left-hand side, and the spool tension on the right hand side. been working on tweaking the two of those while I learn.

If you open up the sideplate, you can adjust the centrifugal brakes

Ok great!  I assume there's a super secret screw i need to loosen somewhere on the reel?  lol

Ok great!  I assume there's a super secret screw i need to loosen somewhere on the reel?  lol

Correctameundo.

Perhaps someone will feel sorry for you and explain where the super secret screw is. It's well hidden and may involve a great deal of investigating to find it.

Previous versions of the STX also had the super secret screw but it's use was limited to spool removal in order to untangle the numerous birdnests those older reels often experienced.

;)

Ok great! I assume there's a super secret screw i need to loosen somewhere on the reel? lol

did the reel come with an owners manual?

How do you guys like the STX so far?  I'm buying one in the very near future for my 735c dobyn's.  Kind of excited about trying out the dual braking.

Yes it did, but it's information about adjusting the duel brakes is very poor. 

Ok great! I assume there's a super secret screw i need to loosen somewhere on the reel? lol

did the reel come with an owners manual?

It's a bit difficult to explain, but you should see a bar above the spool/behind the line guide and at the end you can unscrew it ( you should be able to unscrew it on whichever side you spool tension and drag star are on. loosen it up and pop the sideplate open (which can be tricky).  Sorry for the awful explanation, just thought I would try to help

No one seems to know why the instructions that come with most reels are always so sucky. Anyway, there is a knurled thumb screw with a slot. it's on the top side of the crank side . Loosen it until it pops out on it's spring. Keep it pulled out and then rotate the brake side plate up at the nose. Some reels will open easy and some might be tight. If it's tight, make sure the thumb screw is still at it's out spot and then tap up on the front of the opposite side with a small rubber hammer or the handle of a rubberized screwdriver. When the brake plate is rotated a 1/4 turn, it is free to pop off, remove it and then you can see the side of the spool and the cent. brakes. pop the spring loaded brake tabs out for the on position and in for the off position. try to keep a balanced pattern. I have two on and 4 off, the two on are across from each other. Apply grease to the locking tabs of the side cover before you twist it back on, that will make it come off easier next time.

How do you guys like the STX so far? I'm buying one in the very near future for my 735c dobyn's. Kind of excited about trying out the dual braking.

Very smooth reel.... i'm just looking for the secret screw!

No one seems to know why the instructions that come with most reels are always so sucky. Anyway, there is a knurled thumb screw with a slot. it's on the top side of the crank side . Loosen it until it pops out on it's spring. Keep it pulled out and then rotate the brake side plate up at the nose. Some reels will open easy and some might be tight. If it's tight, make sure the thumb screw is still at it's out spot and then tap up on the front of the opposite side with a small rubber hammer or the handle of a rubberized screwdriver. When the brake plate is rotated a 1/4 turn, it is free to pop off, remove it and then you can see the side of the spool and the cent. brakes. pop the spring lades brake tabs out for the on position and in for the off position. try to keep a balanced pattern. I have two on and 4 off, the two on are across from each other. Apply grease to the locking tabs of the side cover before you twist it back on, that will make it come off easier next time.

You're my HERO!!!

It's a bit difficult to explain, but you should see a bar above the spool/behind the line guide and at the end you can unscrew it ( you should be able to unscrew it on whichever side you spool tension and drag star are on. loosen it up and pop the sideplate open (which can be tricky). Sorry for the awful explanation, just thought I would try to help

Thanks, i was able to find it...now i can sleep!