Sign in to follow this  
BlaineFred

Limp or Stiff Fluorocarbon Lines

Still trying to find the "perfect" F/C line for baitcasting and spinning.

My preferences in mono and F/C lines are towards the limp lines because I just like the way they handle and cast overall.

I have read good and bad things about the Seaguar InvizX and AbrazX lines.  I have not tried any, and I welcome opinions on these two lines.  I am concerned that AbrazX would be too stiff for me.

I am currently using the Bass Pro XPS house brand, and i just started using Trilene 100% F/C.   

I am seeking opinions from anglers who have a great deal of experience with F/C lines,

Thanks much,

Fred

I personally prefer the BPS XPS, to me, there's not much difference in Trilene 100% and Vanish, waste of money.  The XPS is very limp and very manageable, never tried the seaguar though

I have been experimenting with both Seaguar

lines since last fall. I have been VERY impressed!

These are my recommendations:

Spinning tackle: InvizX #8 (.009" diameter)

Baitcasting: AbrazX #12

8-)

The Seaguar lines are fairly limp, and cast well on both reels. I would prefer the Seaguar to Trilene.

My only complaint about the Seaguar is the abrasion resistance around rocks.

Baitcasting: AbrazX #12

8-)

x2

For spinning reels I recently discovered Sunline FC Biwako Guide Special. This line is designed specifically for spinning reels so its considerably more limp than almost all Flurocarbon lines. While it is not cheap, IMHO, nothing currently available is better.

BassnMan Mike

I have been reading on several forums that the relatively new Berkley Trilene 100% Floro is getting favorable use. I have used BPS floro on my baitcasters for two years now and like it a lot.  I do not use floro on my spinning reels having found that BPS Excel 8lb green line serves me well when I infrequently use a spinning rig.

I have used BPS, Trilene and Seagaur f/c.  The BPS is good stuff.  I like the trilene for anything under 8# anything over that and it is hard to manage and is very stiff.  The seaguar is by far my favorite line and I have it on every rod that I need F/C for.  The 15# is super limp and very managable it is also very strong. 

Strange. I was literally just getting ready to post this exact question. Thanks for the info. I'm going for the Seaguar. Done with the Trilene.

Baitcasting: AbrazX #12  8-)

Thanks...

from your comments, I assume that the InvizX is supple enough for a spinning rig...

But Why not the InvizX on the baitcaster? 

Is the AbrazX too stiff for a spinning rig?

How would you compare these lines with others like BPS and 100% for stiffness, limpness, etc.???

I have used BPS, Trilene and Seagaur f/c. The BPS is good stuff. I like the trilene for anything under 8# anything over that and it is hard to manage and is very stiff. The seaguar is by far my favorite line and I have it on every rod that I need F/C for. The 15# is super limp and very managable it is also very strong.

Which 15# Seaguar are you referring to about the "super limp?"